GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Advance Wars DS is here!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Advance Wars: Dual Strike'.
Tue 30/08/05 at 09:03
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
*creams*

I'll post later with info. Just... mmm.....
Tue 30/08/05 at 09:03
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
*creams*

I'll post later with info. Just... mmm.....
Tue 30/08/05 at 10:03
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Nice one...

I always loved the GBA versions. Hopefully they'll utilise the Stylus well. I can't imagine it'll be hugely different from AW or AW2, but still, more of the same isn't a bad thing.

Incidentally, Battalion Wars looks good. Not overly hard, or anything, but the screenshots coming though show a lot of polish, and it should be a pretty decent game when it comes out. It's the sort of thing that'd be great online. If it sells well, and I sincerely hope it does, then a Nintendo Online-Enabled sequel for the Revolution will be something special... Even if it was just 4-Player online in a kind of Deathmatch.
Tue 30/08/05 at 10:14
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
So then, updates.

Firstly... YES! It doesn't *actually* use the touch screen... at all. That was my primary concern with AWDS, but thankfully IS decided against it. :)

It's definitely more of the same, which as you said Game, is not a bad thing. At all. The obvious improvements include battle animation and sounds, and it looks niiice. :) The top screen is used for info (when R is pressed) which leaves the map on the bottom screen untouched, unlike in the previous games which were restricted to the one screen.

So far so good. In fact, it kicks ass. :D
Tue 30/08/05 at 10:23
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!

Deep breaths, I'm fine. Woo. Shake it off.

So, it doesn't use the touch screen at all? Whaaat? I thought that would be used to highlight the characters, working like a mouse used for PC RTS titles.

Ah well, so far, I'm very, very excited. Give me the update if you get to play multiplayer :)
Tue 30/08/05 at 16:55
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Another update:

This game really, really, really, really, REALLY kicks ass. Everything you loved about the previous 2 (well, 4/5 if you count the NES/SNES/GB versions) is back, plus so much more.

Seriously, get this game.
Tue 30/08/05 at 16:55
I will...when it's out in the UK?

And is there a way of linking upvia the internet, like with PSP?
Tue 30/08/05 at 16:58
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
No online capability is included, which really sucks, but perhaps Nintendo can bring out a patch when the Online Services are launched?

Oh well.
Tue 30/08/05 at 16:59
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
UK release date?

I might have to use a GAD on it.
Tue 30/08/05 at 17:04
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
September 30th for the UK I think.
Tue 30/08/05 at 18:07
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
gimo80 wrote:

> So, it doesn't use the touch screen at all? Whaaat? I thought that
> would be used to highlight the characters, working like a mouse used
> for PC RTS titles.

You *can* use the touch-screen if you like, but I much prefer the usual D-Pad. :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.