GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hardcore gamer - Casual gamer, where do you fit in?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/01/01 at 13:49
Regular
Here's a list of the types of gamer...

STAGE 1 - CASUAL GAMER

GAMING TASTES - Enjoys relistic games. Happy to buy the latest fifa games. Also a sucker for movie liscensed games. Most likely to own a Playstation.

GAMING HABITS - Is able to switch the machine off at anytime. Spends more money on going out. Games is just something to do now and then.
Unlikely to use internet for games.

STAGE 2 - INTERESTED GAMER

GAMING TASTES - A bit more than a casual gamer, likely to enjoy unrealistic games to but learns towards realistic games. Tastes not much different from a casual gamer.

GAMING HABITS - Won't turn off until game over or until the game is saved. Will occassionally buy magazines. Still prefers fresh air and sports to computer games but is still interestedby games.
May find game news on the internet

STAGE 3 - REGULAR GAMER

GAMING TASTES - Starts to get a bit more picky about games. Starts to care more about gameplay than graphics. Is likely to start being loyal to a particular company.

GAMING HABITS - Reads magazines regularly now. Checks for the best games and cheats. Is not afraid to cheat.
Still does sports but games come first.
Uses the internet for reveiws and cheats. Not likely to be PC able enough to play games online.

STAGE 4 - RESOLUTE GAMER

GAMING TASTES - Gets pickier about games. Starts to learn who and who not to trust magazine wise. Get easily hyped up over games coming out. Very loyal to certain companies. Unlikely to break away from them.

GAMING HABITS - Buys magazines but catious about trusting what they say. Unlikely to have a huge social life bar the internet. Starts to get pale. Games are the most important hobby in their life. Can master games fairly quickly. Starts to disrepect cheating.
Likely to use the internet for both news and gaming.

STAGE 5 - HARDCORE GAMER

GAMING TASTES - VERY picky about games. Likely to prefer one company but quite happy to enjoy games on other systems. If a game is good enough they will play it until they master it. Games come before everything else now.

GAMING HABITS - Games come before everything now. Rarely buy paper magazines and tend to get news from internet and Digitiser. Prefer to play games for themselves rather than trust reviews. Try not to get over hyped about forthcoming games.
Like multiplayer. If they can cope with lag then they play online, otherwise they stick to split screen.

Most people in this forum should range from stages 3 - 5.

I'm nearly a hardcore gamer but I hope to grow up some time soon.

Some people take things further and become a computer nerd...

But thats a different story...
Wed 17/01/01 at 15:27
I am not a label, I am a free man.
...But somewhere in the middle is the answer.
Wed 17/01/01 at 00:08
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Casually Hardcore anyone?
Tue 16/01/01 at 22:22
Regular
Time to take this topic back to the top. I don't think that it's lifespan has expired yet
Wed 10/01/01 at 22:32
Regular
Duck are you fogmaster or not?
Wed 10/01/01 at 22:30
Regular
"I like cheese"
You are correct. I do own one FIFA though. But one's okay, unlike 6!!
Wed 10/01/01 at 22:28
Regular
Ant, it's true. Casual gamers ARE most likely to own a Playstation although it doesn't mean that a hardcore gamer such as yourself can't have one.

You see while you own it for MGS, they buy it for the endless Fifa's. Get the picture?
Wed 10/01/01 at 02:39
Regular
Grix Thraves wrote:
Did you
used to be Fogmaster by any chance?

Ahh, Forget it. Yeah, I just wanted some anonymity. Maybe I'll find it in another name, but I quite like this one, it works on so many levels...

Just don't tell everyone or they'll all want one.
Tue 09/01/01 at 19:37
I must say that i do make 'upgraded' mods of other peoples, ie i took DeeZires, changed it so it said my name, added a few mnew units etc, and some other stuff, and use it myself.
Tue 09/01/01 at 19:07
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
It was Suddam Hussein's motto when he invaded Kuwait
Tue 09/01/01 at 19:07
SNIPER wrote:
> Ant stop it.

What has he done?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.