GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Halloween."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/10/06 at 08:24
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
This month we have Halloween. Does anyone actually do anything on Halloween at all. Do you get a lot of trick or treaters about? Do you go out yourself, throw a party, go out and celebrate it elsewhere. I know some Americans that are big on these kinds of things, but then they tend to celebrate anything.

What about the people that do go out, I see so many young children out on there own, I think its wrong to send the young ones out especially on a night like that. Then you get the older people trick or treating, or should I say terrorising people. Id say their older then teens. I guess some people never grow up.

So What’s your Halloween like?

Tell us the good bits and bad bits about this spooky occasion!
Wed 04/10/06 at 08:24
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
This month we have Halloween. Does anyone actually do anything on Halloween at all. Do you get a lot of trick or treaters about? Do you go out yourself, throw a party, go out and celebrate it elsewhere. I know some Americans that are big on these kinds of things, but then they tend to celebrate anything.

What about the people that do go out, I see so many young children out on there own, I think its wrong to send the young ones out especially on a night like that. Then you get the older people trick or treating, or should I say terrorising people. Id say their older then teens. I guess some people never grow up.

So What’s your Halloween like?

Tell us the good bits and bad bits about this spooky occasion!
Wed 04/10/06 at 08:54
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Halloween usually consists of us shutting all the curtains, turning off all the lights and having the TV on low to make it look like we're out :D
Wed 04/10/06 at 08:58
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Same for me Smeds.

Id love to be different, but the area i live at the minute and me been on my own with the kids. I trust noone. im likely to open the door to the wrong person.
Wed 04/10/06 at 09:06
Regular
"cachoo"
Seraphim wrote:
> Then you get the older
> people trick or treating, or should I say terrorising people. Id
> say their older then teens. I guess some people never grow up.

It's called 'ghostbusting' around here.

I kinda like Halloween. Maybe it's the dressing up as something else or the free sweets, but the atmosphere is pretty amazing.
Wed 04/10/06 at 09:37
Regular
Heh, it sounds horrible but yeah, no answering the door on halloween for me either. I remember one year when I was about 12, my mate Adam was here and some kids just would not quit ringing the door bell, the downstairs toilet window is right next to the front door, so he gets a pint glass full of water and ... well you guessed the rest.

Thing is the children were only very young and their mum was stood watching at the end of the drive way. My mates bike, unfortunately, was resting on the front of the house, so she marched up the drive way, dragged it on to the floor and started jumping on the back wheel. Cue my mate opening door and shouting lots of obscenities, children crying etc. Deary me ...

Halloween to me means fancy dress parties, there's one this year on the 27th I think, hopefully go to that.
Wed 04/10/06 at 10:22
Regular
We don't do as much as I would like on Halloween. We do get some trick or treators but some years we get more than others. Usually we have to buy the sweats at the last minute heh.

We tend not to have any decorations up and I've never been to a fancy dress party like Borat :(

I use to do it when I was younger, we got a lot of treats and it was a lot of fun. We were naughty with this one house who didn't answer the door, we poured water into their letterbox heh. Boy we were stupid.

Looking forward to having halloween parties for my kids though :)

So @ngel arent you going to take all three boys out trick or treating? I wonder if pb will too. And I'm sure Ladybird has already done it.
Wed 04/10/06 at 10:24
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Machie wrote:
> So @ngel arent you going to take all three boys out trick or
> treating?

No chance, not round here!

And 3... Hold your horses making most of the 2 for now :P
Wed 04/10/06 at 10:27
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
My last proper halloween trick or treat night was when I was about 10 or 11. I went as a zombie with green hair.

Since we've moved into the North of our town, it's a lot more posh (well, we've remained the same - our neighbours walk with their noses in the air!) and we don't get many trick or treaters.

May use the chance to buy some monkeygecko costumes though - I think one of the sketches needs a witch.

Oh, when I was a kid (embarrassing true story...) I use to think that "trick or treat" was "trickle treat". I suppose a "trickle treat" will be what Seraphim will be having to deal with in January! :P
Wed 04/10/06 at 12:00
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Same as everyone else i know, curtains drawn, lights off and tv low and just ignore the doorbell. Hate Halloween
Wed 04/10/06 at 13:02
Regular
"..."
Smedlos wrote:
> Halloween usually consists of us shutting all the curtains,
> turning off all the lights and having the TV on low to make it
> look like we're out :D

Yep, me too...except for the years where I worked in a food depaertment in a Cash and Carry. Those years I'd gladly open the door and give out as many sweets as those deer little children could carry.

...and not a single one of them suspected it was all the sweets we'd sweep up off the dirty warehouse floor when boxes and tubs came open.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.