GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why Dreamcast is actually a great console"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/01/01 at 20:47
Regular
The dreamcast has to be the best console around at the moment bar none. Why people havent bought it in great numbers i will never know. It gave gamers their first experience at online gaming witha console. Great online games include Quake 3, Half life and coming soon Phantasy star online. Even games that are not online based are still great.
Take SHENMUE for example it has to be one of the best looking RPG's in the world.
Sadly SEGA have announced that the Dreamcast is their last console. They have decided to concentrate on making great games for nintendo,sony and the almighty Microsoft
I think that the Dreamcast will thrive until the PS2 gets its good games like MGS2 and unreal tournament.
Wed 17/01/01 at 11:20
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
But that doesnt mean they'll make billions on the GC... if they screw this once up , they may well leave the home console market and stick to arcade machines and hand helds... which would be a shame...
Tue 16/01/01 at 22:26
Regular
I'm happy with my N64 until the GC arrives. Otherwise I would buy a DC.

Nintendo will never go bankrupt. They make billions out of Pokemon!
Tue 16/01/01 at 14:19
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
It was a shame people were sold onto CDs... for no apparent reason other than there shiney quality...

Sonys marketing wasnt bad though... And people do tend to buy the same machine as their mates... so they can swap/borrow games, etc...?

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.
Mon 15/01/01 at 19:23
Regular
maybe but this time the they aint been stupid and used cartridges so the games will be cheaper, thats the main reason why the n64 failed.
Mon 15/01/01 at 14:59
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Isnt that exactly the position they were in with the launch of the N64?
Sun 14/01/01 at 21:24
Regular
Im sorry but i really cant see thm failing with the gamecube theyve got the best technology and the best game makers backing it the only way nintendo can fail is by turning mario into a Nazi and painting swazticas all over the case for the gamecube
Sun 14/01/01 at 19:24
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
go on... tell us
Sun 14/01/01 at 16:55
Regular
Depends on how big headed the market is...

Which I could tell you now.
Sun 14/01/01 at 16:49
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Given how far Segas sales went down hill after the failure of the Saturn... How will Nintendo fair against the sales of the N64?
Wed 10/01/01 at 19:55
Regular
Its a pity that the dreamcast isnt better appreciated, it deserves to do better than the playstation 2, I hope that Sega only develop for Nintendo then watch as Nintendo rise to the top of the games industry again and sony fail and become bankrupt ha ha ha ha

sorry about that went a little weird for a moment ummmmm im gonna go and sit down for a while.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.