GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"C.C"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/01/03 at 00:02
Regular
This month I'm an Atheist, last month I was a Christian, the month before that I was a Fascist, next month I'll be something else, perhaps a Ufologist or a Solipsist (someone who believes in nothing but himself).

To be what I call the "Chameleon Character" is to follow the way of "random belief".

From month to month I experiment on an intellectual level with different and often extreme mindsets. During each month I become as completely as possible the personality type I have elected to be. By doing this my thoughts gain affinity with countless opposing mental perspectives.

The practise of this intellectual daring constructs within a self-expansive benevolence which moment by moment creates in my mindseye what I believe to be the highest vision of self, namely: the open and cornucopian self: the self who is alive with the death of fixed belief; the self who is creating PEACE through conscientous internal war.

"Peace?" I hear you say, "Peace?", well yes, for ultimately I oppose no one. I stand above all of my temporarily adopted opinions viewing them as nothing else but experimental entertainment. Who I am is the spiritual eye within which voyeuristically observes my own mind as it attempts to cope with extreme and often alien thoughts and ideas. If someone opposes me, then they are merely opposing me from a fixed position, and thus have not yet comprehended fully who I am.

The philosophy of the Chameleon Character is concerned not with truth but with the accumulation of ethical abundance through imaginative enterprise.

To arrive at the house of insight one must journey in many different pairs of shoes, and I believe this can only be genuinely achieved by firstly invoking as many diverse belief systems as possible with all their attached prejudices, and then secondly, after truly connecting with the nature of each pattern of thought, standing on each belief system's head in order to reach higher.

Poet William Blake wrote: "The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom", and I consider the way of the Chameleon Character to be a worthwhile spiritual outlook to adopt in this regard, especially in a world that places the attainment of money and material possessions ahead of the pursuit of enlightenment.
Wed 29/01/03 at 13:21
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Hmm...an interesting idea, though one that requires probably more dedication than idly stating what one's approximate philosophy is and sticking with it.

Have you ever read the Diceman?
Wed 29/01/03 at 13:09
"Darkness, always"
Well now you know what I think of it. It's a poor way to live your life. Find a direction, take a path, accept the risks and get on with it.
Wed 29/01/03 at 13:03
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> I'll tell you now that that load of arrogant toss has nothing to do
> with me.

He said with impressive arrogance.
But seriously, this "outlook" was inspired by someone I met a few years ago, and at the time I wrote down and summorised his thoughts to capture his ideas as I thought they were quite interesting and unusual. Even though I wrote this from a personal perspective, I do not adhere to his way of thinking. I just wondered what people would make of it that's all.
Wed 29/01/03 at 10:25
"Darkness, always"
Forgiven.

I'll let you know for future reference though, that while I WAS born in Germany, I have never entered the mindset of a fascist or any other form of Nazi hysteria or otherwise ignorant extremism. I have been christened, but have never been a Christian, and certainly am not so fickle that I have to juggle my beliefs to understand them.
Wed 29/01/03 at 10:21
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Damn - another fiver down the drain ...

Though it's obviously someone who regularly post here.

Please forgive my error IB.
Wed 29/01/03 at 10:18
"Darkness, always"
Flanders wrote:
> My monies on IB - Place your bets now folks !!

I'll tell you now that that load of arrogant toss has nothing to do with me.
Wed 29/01/03 at 10:17
"Darkness, always"
rough translation:

"I like to sit on the fence, have no real opinions of my own, and am generally regarded by people who know me as a pompous oaf"
Wed 29/01/03 at 10:14
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
My monies on IB - Place your bets now folks !!
Wed 29/01/03 at 00:02
Regular
"Laughingstock"
This month I'm an Atheist, last month I was a Christian, the month before that I was a Fascist, next month I'll be something else, perhaps a Ufologist or a Solipsist (someone who believes in nothing but himself).

To be what I call the "Chameleon Character" is to follow the way of "random belief".

From month to month I experiment on an intellectual level with different and often extreme mindsets. During each month I become as completely as possible the personality type I have elected to be. By doing this my thoughts gain affinity with countless opposing mental perspectives.

The practise of this intellectual daring constructs within a self-expansive benevolence which moment by moment creates in my mindseye what I believe to be the highest vision of self, namely: the open and cornucopian self: the self who is alive with the death of fixed belief; the self who is creating PEACE through conscientous internal war.

"Peace?" I hear you say, "Peace?", well yes, for ultimately I oppose no one. I stand above all of my temporarily adopted opinions viewing them as nothing else but experimental entertainment. Who I am is the spiritual eye within which voyeuristically observes my own mind as it attempts to cope with extreme and often alien thoughts and ideas. If someone opposes me, then they are merely opposing me from a fixed position, and thus have not yet comprehended fully who I am.

The philosophy of the Chameleon Character is concerned not with truth but with the accumulation of ethical abundance through imaginative enterprise.

To arrive at the house of insight one must journey in many different pairs of shoes, and I believe this can only be genuinely achieved by firstly invoking as many diverse belief systems as possible with all their attached prejudices, and then secondly, after truly connecting with the nature of each pattern of thought, standing on each belief system's head in order to reach higher.

Poet William Blake wrote: "The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom", and I consider the way of the Chameleon Character to be a worthwhile spiritual outlook to adopt in this regard, especially in a world that places the attainment of money and material possessions ahead of the pursuit of enlightenment.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.