GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Online gaming advice"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 11/09/05 at 19:24
Regular
"You knows it"
Alright guys,

Just traded my 10 year old 33mhz pc for a swanky new one.

Can Anybody recommend any good games out there. wanna get into this online gaming lark but don't know where to start

Cheers
Sun 11/09/05 at 20:24
Regular
"You knows it"
i'll give that rome one a try then. cheers guys
Sun 11/09/05 at 20:11
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Rome: Total War is quite more difficult compared to earlier strategy titles such as Command & Conquer, but it's still the best strategy game currently on the market, and if you're looking for a game to show off the power of your new PC, Rome is more than up to the job.

You'll gasp in amazement at the size of some of the battles you get to fight.
Sun 11/09/05 at 20:05
Regular
Rome: Total War.

I've always wanted to buy it, but my computer is ass.

Gerrid you git.
:)
Sun 11/09/05 at 20:05
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Rome Total War is one of the best games ever. I've never played it online but the single player will last you years.
Sun 11/09/05 at 20:04
Regular
"You knows it"
whats this total war game like? someone mentioned it to me?

Used to play command and conqour (spelt wrong i know) in my earlier days and used to enjoy that
Sun 11/09/05 at 19:58
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> And the ever-faithful Counterstrike:Source that comes with Half-Life
> 2, a warm comfy armchair of a game.

Haha.

Despite how much I hate half the people who play this game, it is one of those games that will never change and whenever you load it up you know you are going to have fun.
Sun 11/09/05 at 19:51
Regular
"Captain to you."
Graphics card is the only lowish part.

online gaming fun

FPS:
Halflife 2
Counterstrike source
Battlefield

RPG:
World of warcraft (gotta pay monthly)
Guildwars

Space shooty:
Freelancer
Sun 11/09/05 at 19:49
Regular
Burnster wrote:
> its a 3.2ghz with either 1024 or 2048 memory (system info says 2048
> physical memory) ati radion 9550 256mb graphics card.

You've got 2GB of memory then....

Yeah the system will run todays games pretty well.

Personally, I've just started playing Half Life 2 and I'd highly reccomend it.
Sun 11/09/05 at 19:46
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Depends what games you enjoy really.
World of Warcraft is an addictive, genre-busting MMORPG that even people who hate that sort of thing (me) have played for months without wanting to stop. Not hugely graphically intensive, but immersive.
Battlefield 2 for shooty wargames stuff, and if you're rubbish at hitting bunny-hopping madmen, go support class like Medic or Engineer.
And the ever-faithful Counterstrike:Source that comes with Half-Life 2, a warm comfy armchair of a game.
Sun 11/09/05 at 19:42
Regular
"You knows it"
its a 3.2ghz with either 1024 or 2048 memory (system info says 2048 physical memory) ati radion 9550 256mb graphics card.

Does that a sound pretty good spec?

Believe it or not i did have a 33mhz pc!!! went up to a 350 mhz but then finances restricted updating! always have had a works laptop but obviously can;t load up games and play online with that!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.