GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doom 3: Resurrection Of Evil"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Doom 3'.
Tue 13/09/05 at 21:38
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Doom3's on rails (almost) shooter, (still) increible graphics, a sub Half Life 2 grav gun (It's the same, but limited by the environment, that's why it times out. Don't argue) and a sub Max Payne 2 Bullet time. Throw in some simple and annoying puzzles (a bit of a step up from the first admittedly) and you have......

A totally underwealming experience.

Poor.

Worth it for the enemies with the computer screen mouths alone. I'm glad I picked this up for a fiver....

I'll hand over to Chip now, for his usual, and predictable reply of "Hl2 sucked, Doom3 was a far better game" ;P
Tue 13/09/05 at 23:30
Regular
"8==="
Well, if it's been done right, then it should be good.
Tue 13/09/05 at 23:27
Regular
"Captain to you."
There isn't co-op for ROE but a mod has just been finished giving Doom 3 a co-op mode thats now fully working.
Tue 13/09/05 at 23:21
Regular
"8==="
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Hedfix wrote:
> 8 player deathmatches though, right?
>
> *Shrug* I played D3 deathmatch all of about 3 times. It's the single
> player experience I was interested in seeing, to find out if any of
> the shortcomings were corrected. Nope, just more added.

Does ROE throw in some co-op action then?

That truly does rule.

Nice thing about the death match was it seemed very faithful to the originals game's approach.
Tue 13/09/05 at 22:18
Regular
"Captain to you."
For my views on doom 3: ROE [URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=122440&forumid=422[/URL]
Tue 13/09/05 at 22:15
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I wasn't that keen on HL2. Sure it looked great and the physics were fun, but as a game it got dull and repetitive.
Tue 13/09/05 at 22:14
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Hedfix wrote:
> 8 player deathmatches though, right?

*Shrug* I played D3 deathmatch all of about 3 times. It's the single player experience I was interested in seeing, to find out if any of the shortcomings were corrected. Nope, just more added.
Tue 13/09/05 at 22:12
Regular
"Captain to you."
Hey i never compare games like that, HL2 sucked on it's own merits doom 3 was nothing to do with it.
Tue 13/09/05 at 21:59
Regular
"8==="
8 player deathmatches though, right?
Tue 13/09/05 at 21:38
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Doom3's on rails (almost) shooter, (still) increible graphics, a sub Half Life 2 grav gun (It's the same, but limited by the environment, that's why it times out. Don't argue) and a sub Max Payne 2 Bullet time. Throw in some simple and annoying puzzles (a bit of a step up from the first admittedly) and you have......

A totally underwealming experience.

Poor.

Worth it for the enemies with the computer screen mouths alone. I'm glad I picked this up for a fiver....

I'll hand over to Chip now, for his usual, and predictable reply of "Hl2 sucked, Doom3 was a far better game" ;P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.