GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Extortion"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 24/01/03 at 20:23
Regular
I got the new Saliva album last week, I got it on import from America because they it everything first. Walked happily to HMV ready to fork out a fair bit because it is imported but was devestated at having to pay £21 for the CD. I payed it because I wanted to CD so so much but it is extortion! It cost about £1 to make the cd and case etc and about 50p air fare from the US. Its disgraceful!

If anyone wants a copy I will do them 1 for £1, dont buy it we can't let HMV steal our money! *grins and dies*
Sat 25/01/03 at 16:07
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
I think £10-£13 is fair for a CD and up to about £16 if its a double CD compilation or whatever.

£21 is too far though.
Sat 25/01/03 at 12:26
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
What is extortion is Metallica's DVD prices. Ok, so Cunning Stunt tends to be cheaper now as it's always in sales but an RRP of 35 pounds for a 2 disc S&M set is outrageous. Just because the discs are in separate cases doesn't mean it's okay to charge double the price.

I think there's a new one now as well which is about the original bassist. 90 minute running time and 29.99!
Sat 25/01/03 at 12:13
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I think paying about £10 for an album is fair. Yes, the CD and case and booklet all probably cost less than a couple of quid to make, but what about the time the actual musicians spent recording? You're looking at it from the perspective of purely manufacturing costs, if the album cost £1 to £2 to buy the band would make no money on it and not be able to put out albums...

£10 is pretty fair, I reckon, but I tend to get albums off Ebay or direct from record labels (or occasionally from Amazon/HMV but they tend to be rip offs).

So, that's my two cents on the issue.
Sat 25/01/03 at 12:05
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Yes, CD's are extortionate, but do you really expect them to sell an album for the pound it costs to make at zero profit? It's just the world we live in, nothing will change...
Fri 24/01/03 at 21:01
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
My 'rents wont let me use credit card number online, they all paranoid about theft and dont understand when I tell them about secure connections.
Fri 24/01/03 at 20:34
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Ha ha

You silly person

You should have used the net
Fri 24/01/03 at 20:33
Regular
Get them from Play.com.
Fri 24/01/03 at 20:30
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Nowhere else in Leeds sells import Cds
Fri 24/01/03 at 20:27
Regular
Don't buy imported albums from HMV you nutter, infact don't buy albums from HMV fullstop.

Everything in there is way overpirced unless it's in a sale.
Fri 24/01/03 at 20:25
£21 quid? You wuz robbed *snigger*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.