GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh how easy it is to start a rumour..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/01/01 at 13:13
Regular
Games sites are rife with 'news' stories about company takeovers and strange decisions from games firms, but how much of it can be believed? The recent case of the Sega/Nintendo takeover rumour is proof that word gets around quickly on the internet and is taken up by some pretty major players (New York Times in this instance)

I was thinking, perhaps this could work in our favour, it might put pressure on a games firm or console company to take a certain direction in their business decisions. They certainly listen to the press (even if they don't always use them to advertise) So posting a news item on a popular site regarding a new Mario RPG or Squaresoft's support of Nintendo might encourage the events to take place. Just imagine the power you could have if this worked, especially with a new console in development ("Sony have decided to add a highly popular virtual reality system to their Playstation 3 console so that gas holograms can be used in lifesize battles, this has been hailed by fans as the best idea since sliced bread" for example)

Will it work? Who knows, but it often seems to be the only way some companies will listen to their customer base.
Sun 09/11/08 at 12:02
Regular
Hi everyone,
Sally is doing a great job, many thanks.
I'm Jackie, the chairperson of the UK English Shepherd Club. I would be very happy to answer any questions you have about ES's in general, or more specific ones regarding living with the ES. :)
Sat 08/11/08 at 12:33
Regular
A warm welcome to everyone visiting our site. I am the secretary for this new group, my name is Sally and I'm as new to the English Shepherd as anyone can be! I'll be monitoring this site and creating new threads as the need arises, but if you see a requirement for change, please email me at my EnglishShepherd address.

Thanks for reading!
Fri 05/01/01 at 18:29
Windows who needs ti, it always crahes, too easy to break into, always one illigal operation after another, Kernal 32 was ildesigned. Yes we would be better off with linux.
Fri 05/01/01 at 14:23
"High polygon count"
I personally hope that AmigaDE (Amiga Digital Environment - a platform-independent OS) takes off.

If it's anywhere near as stable and usable as the original Amiga OS, it should give MS and Windoze a run for their money - or better yet, put the poor lame thing to sleep.

http://www.amiga.com/
Fri 05/01/01 at 13:48
"possibly impossible"
Without Bill Gates you'd have no Windows, so PCs wouldn't be as popular as they are now.

This would cause a knock on effect that means the internet wouldn't be as popular, and I wouldn't spend so much time on this site, so I could go and do lots of interesting and exciting things. I could broaden my intellect with travel and meet new and interesting people.

Then again, thank goodness for Bill Gates!
Thu 04/01/01 at 18:24
wow, i really wish that bill gates would leave everyone alone and keep his stuff away from us, and everyone else i know is thinking the same thing.
Thu 04/01/01 at 13:13
"possibly impossible"
Games sites are rife with 'news' stories about company takeovers and strange decisions from games firms, but how much of it can be believed? The recent case of the Sega/Nintendo takeover rumour is proof that word gets around quickly on the internet and is taken up by some pretty major players (New York Times in this instance)

I was thinking, perhaps this could work in our favour, it might put pressure on a games firm or console company to take a certain direction in their business decisions. They certainly listen to the press (even if they don't always use them to advertise) So posting a news item on a popular site regarding a new Mario RPG or Squaresoft's support of Nintendo might encourage the events to take place. Just imagine the power you could have if this worked, especially with a new console in development ("Sony have decided to add a highly popular virtual reality system to their Playstation 3 console so that gas holograms can be used in lifesize battles, this has been hailed by fans as the best idea since sliced bread" for example)

Will it work? Who knows, but it often seems to be the only way some companies will listen to their customer base.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.