GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Any idea of launch titles yet?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/09/05 at 11:35
Regular
I've not pre-ordered a 360, waiting to see if there is anything worth paying for the console at launch for.

Anyone know if these have been confirmed as anything other than "launch window" yet?
Mon 19/09/05 at 15:42
Regular
APB is an online gangs vs cops game.

[URL]http://www.webzengames.com[/URL]
Mon 19/09/05 at 15:36
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Hope they include online play too. ;-) Online gangs would be cool. Especially if any developers come up with ideas that stretch it beyond one off "mini games". Would be cool to actually meet your friends online, then go around doing drive bys, or robbing a shop, etc - or go into rival territory and try to take it for your own gang.

Of course you couldn't really have your own created gang in that scenario, cause you'd just lose all your turf overnight when you goto bed or sign off for a little while. It would have to be set gangs - I guess it could work a little like the whole faction thing in Mech Assault 2, but with a constant running city (although that might be a little ahead of its time, even with these next gen consoles).

I guess when it comes to having your own gang, you could set up a custom one within an overall faction. The whole constant running online city idea could be expanded into other games as well as GTA style ones. You could take a war game for example, jump in on your own or meet up with friends. You could walk around your base and see what battles are being fought, then load up your weapons or get into a vehicle, get onto a dropship and be taken to the fight to join in with it.

Maybe you could even have a player controlling the dropship so that he has his job of getting you to the hotspot without getting you all blown out of the sky. So you could have the other players firing out of an open part of the dropship while the pilot tries to find a place to land you all. You could risk flying right upto the frontline where the main fighting is, or land further away in a safer area and travel the rest on foot.

It wouldn't even have to just be a player vs player world either. You could have the players on teams together against an AI faction of enemies. Maybe you could earn medals for various things you've achieved, such as holding a position for ages with other players against what seemed impossible odds, or managing to aid downed players on the battlefield while the fightings been going on. Afterall, Microsoft are already talking about these "achievement" things being unlocked as you perform well in games such as PGR3.

That kinda thing would give all players something to play for and be proud of and not have to just watch the top of a stats board be full of basement dwelling nerds who never eat, sleep or take a dump. I'm sure plenty of players would soon have stories of their war experiences to share too. :-)

But yeah, loads of game types could have these kinds of communities - wether its a street racing scene, a game where you're in the police force, or even a game where you go hunting for trophies in different regions.
Mon 19/09/05 at 14:51
Regular
Mon 19/09/05 at 14:33
Regular
So this other one is going to be on Xbox and Xbox 360?
Mon 19/09/05 at 14:11
Regular
Yeah, from what I've heard it could sell a ton of Xboxes too.

Realtime are releasing APB on the 360 and this one other game that no one knows about yet.

It will be unvieled in one or more of the major games mags next month, whenever they come out, next week or something?
Mon 19/09/05 at 13:57
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah I watched some Quake 4 movies last night. :-) Looks excellent. Kameo has me tempted because it has a co-op mode and I'm really into co-op play. Apparently theres online options too which should have some details released on soon.

Very interested to see the details on that game you're hinting on. ;-) Sounds like it could sell a ton of 360s. ;-)
Mon 19/09/05 at 12:47
Regular
Watched Quake IV and Oblivion trailers, along with Kameo, now I'm feeling tempted again.........
Mon 19/09/05 at 12:33
Regular
Ah ok, sounds intriguing (sp?).

But a game based on 24 would/could be very good.
Mon 19/09/05 at 12:22
Regular
Let's just say they are making a game similar to GTA but with a "much more interactive environment".

I know for a fact that it's using Havok on the 360 and has the best multitexturing shaders of any game on the 360. I can't really divulge any more info than that because I don't know any. The guy I know working there had to sign a Microsoft NDA and his job is worth more than letting me know before the magazines release the info :-).
Mon 19/09/05 at 12:15
Regular
"Realtime Games" sounds like it could have something to do with "24"?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.