GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The PS2s Re-introduction to me"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/09/05 at 17:44
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I got a new, second hand (risky I know) PS2- with an HDD. It's sweet. And it came with San Andreas, GT4, Half-Life, Vice City, GTA III and many peripherals, all for £80.

I'm loving San Andreas at the moment. Far superior to Vice City and fractionally better than GTA III (both of which I sold on).

And due to the HDD, I've hardly noticed any jerking or slow down at all. Even when dricing in fast cars then stopping.

So yeah. I'm playing my PS2 (and intend to) play on it past the releasse date of the PS3 for sure. Especially since I haven't even got Dark Chronicles yet.
Fri 23/09/05 at 19:11
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> I just can't get into this bloody game.
>
> Loved GTA3 and Vice City. Can't stand this one.

Same here. It's frustrating because I love the genre and played the first 2 for hours upon end but I can't seem to stick at San Andreas for any period of time.

The only thing I can assume is over the summer when I've not been at work I've been out and about with the weather being nice so now it's starting to turn I'll be at home more often and hopefully will be able to get into it a bit more.
Fri 23/09/05 at 15:58
Regular
"Mozzy"
Depends, I want to see a few people's opinions first. If I like the sound of it i'll buy it next week sometime.

By i'll have enough money to buy an Xbox 360 (not the 'cheap' package, the expensive one), but im trying to restrain myself and save up a bit longer.
Fri 23/09/05 at 08:09
Regular
"8==="
Yep.

Getting Revenge then?
Fri 23/09/05 at 08:04
Regular
"Mozzy"
I only mentioned it because I saw your thread in the Xbox forum. :)

I posted in there too.
Fri 23/09/05 at 07:44
Regular
"8==="
That's weird because I just bought that yesterday.
Thu 22/09/05 at 20:16
Regular
"Mozzy"
I'd reccomend Prisoner of War, th graphics are bad and there a few minor bugs but the whole idea makes the game very fun to play.

You can get it cheap too.
Thu 22/09/05 at 17:51
Regular
"8==="
Chr1s wrote:
>
> I managed to get hundreds and possibly thousands of hours of
> entertainment out of GTA III and Vice City after I'd finished the
> missions, which makes it all the more confusing why I can't do the
> same on San Andreas.

Because others games' quality changes in-between sequels. No-doubt GTA isn't as fresh to you as it once was and you'd rather play something a bit newer.
Thu 22/09/05 at 17:33
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I finished the missions long ago, but I've really struggled to find anything worthwhile to do on it since.

I know there is much to do, but it all seems a bit naff to me. The mini-games are all a bit lame really e.g. the pool mini-game, it couldn't really be any worse.

I managed to get hundreds and possibly thousands of hours of entertainment out of GTA III and Vice City after I'd finished the missions, which makes it all the more confusing why I can't do the same on San Andreas.

I've been gradually climbing towards 100% (I'm on about 70 now), but I can't see me ever getting there. Every time I try and set my mind to something such as hitting all of the insane jumps, I get side tracked, have a little shoot out with the police, get killed, get bored and then switch it off.
Thu 22/09/05 at 15:18
"High polygon count"
I just can't get into this bloody game.

Loved GTA3 and Vice City. Can't stand this one.

I really want to play it, because it's massive. I've had it since it came out, and I haven't even opened up any more of the map than the original play area yet.

It's even putting me off the idea of getting Liberty City Stories for my PSP.
Thu 22/09/05 at 15:13
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Well I've just returned to the very start of San Andreas due to my saved game data being wiped and after reading that list I suddenly remembered exactly how much there is to do in this game :)

I don't think I'll be getting anywhere near the end of the first island in one sitting on Friday night :(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.