GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Thanks Hotmail"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/11/08 at 13:53
"possibly impossible"
hm. Microsoft, in their wisdom, have decided to give Hotmail a shiny new look.

Nice though it is, it uses certain Javascript links to open mails and even to view them in the display window.

What this means is that I and many others who have work firewalls up to stop Javascript commands can't actually use Hotmail at work any more.

Great. I'll be sticking to Yahoo now then...
Thu 06/11/08 at 13:53
"possibly impossible"
hm. Microsoft, in their wisdom, have decided to give Hotmail a shiny new look.

Nice though it is, it uses certain Javascript links to open mails and even to view them in the display window.

What this means is that I and many others who have work firewalls up to stop Javascript commands can't actually use Hotmail at work any more.

Great. I'll be sticking to Yahoo now then...
Thu 06/11/08 at 13:56
Regular
I was one of the first to sign up on hotmail over 10 years ago. But it gradually got worse and worse and now I've stopped using it and switched to Gmail which is better than Yahoo mail and hotmail COMBINED!

(off to go check the new design)
Thu 06/11/08 at 14:07
Regular
I've had an account with Hotmail for maybe 8 years or so, and I've never really had a problem with it.

The re-design, although it loads slightly quicker, is annoying me because I can't select multiple e-mails using SHIFT+CLICK! It's always handy being able to 'tick' 10+ e-mails this way but is seems to not work anymore (please let me know if it's still achievable).

Someday I'll update my contact address for all the sites and services I use to my Gmail address (which does work well by the way), but until then I'll be sticking with Hotmail...
Thu 06/11/08 at 14:09
Regular
"Mooching around"
Use the live mail assistant like a real man*.

[S]*nerd
Thu 06/11/08 at 14:17
Regular
Back in 1995/6 I used Eudora to get my emails. I would always be checking it and I would get real excited when it would download new emails. Now email is the new snail mail and we all use instant messaging and txt.
Thu 13/11/08 at 11:59
"Are you sure?"
pb wrote:
> hm. Microsoft, in their wisdom, have decided to give Hotmail a
> shiny new look.
>
> Nice though it is, it uses certain Javascript links to open
> mails and even to view them in the display window.
>
> What this means is that I and many others who have work
> firewalls up to stop Javascript commands can't actually use
> Hotmail at work any more.
>
> Great. I'll be sticking to Yahoo now then...

Hi pb,
Only just noticed your post...

As a 'get-around' you might like to try the 'mobile' version which should give to basic access to your emails: http://mobile.live.com/hm

Search Freeola Chat
Thu 13/11/08 at 19:20
Regular
"BLOODnTEARS"
i prefer yahoo

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.