GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TTT Vs DOA2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/01/01 at 10:50
Regular
Iv'e been playing both games now and have noticed alot of people wondering what to get TTT or DOA2 well i'll tell you what i think.

Tell you a little about the games.

First impressions...TTT was "Woooha all the characters to open" and when i started playing my mouth dropped TWICE when i saw all the monks doing Kata's and there exercising... and then when the computer done a tag combo on me.
DOA2... "Oh...not as many characters as tekken...only two to open" But when i started playing i "whao" came out my mouth again as i watch the sheer speed of the ame with the throws and counters.

Pick up and play... TTT because i had all the other tekkens i found it pretty easy pulling off combos as not many moves have changed... but my friend picked up the pad and he had trouble...now he boutgh tekken 3 off me and practiced at his house. when he came back around he was getting better... looked like he knew what he was doing.
DOA2 never played any DOA befor, very easy to start playing you can pull of combos straight away. and the moves look great as soon as you start...if sum1 was watching you and didn't know how easy it was they would think you was a pro.

Lastability... TTT wins here.... as the only way to get truely good at TTT is to practice.. and there are so many chracters to practice on.. and then you got your other modes and Bowling game which is very fun.
DOA2 Has lots of modes but not as much to practice on, with a quarter of the amount of characters as TTT DOA2 is much shorter.

Backgrounds... TTT They look fantastic with helipcopters taking off in beutiful animation and d\ark dank back alley ways with ppl running around, looks great.
DOA2 although not as good looking as TTT this is where DOA2 slaps TTT in the face. fullly 3d environments u can hit walla anything on the floor it's fully interactive falling of building and cliff's it looks awesome, The best effects in either fighting game is the end boss in DOA2... the graphics bluring everywhere (kinda liked you've just been knocked out) while your fighting is great.

Overall... TTT this game is great and it gives you a big grin when u pull of a ten hit combo or a tag combo, but if a friend comes over and has never played a Tekken game you will truely mop the floor with him.. the only chane he will have of nearly beating you is being Eddy/Tiger and button bashing at you. The problem with Tekken is that your either "Great" or "Not so great" so you know who will always win.
DOA2 Not as long as TTT but if you have friends this is the game to play as anything can happen. it's easy top pick up and play and it will impress the woohaa out of them when u know em off a building to there death. they wont get mad either they will be too amazed at what just happened.

Overall i think TTT might have the slight edge. only in lastablitly.

If you are a person that likes to practice and practice a computer game to get good and know they have earned it Buy TTT

If you like a mad quick fighting game and are a button basher get DOA2.

You wont be dissapointed with either... i thik most will agree.

other ppl's views if you played both games?
Tue 02/01/01 at 10:50
Iv'e been playing both games now and have noticed alot of people wondering what to get TTT or DOA2 well i'll tell you what i think.

Tell you a little about the games.

First impressions...TTT was "Woooha all the characters to open" and when i started playing my mouth dropped TWICE when i saw all the monks doing Kata's and there exercising... and then when the computer done a tag combo on me.
DOA2... "Oh...not as many characters as tekken...only two to open" But when i started playing i "whao" came out my mouth again as i watch the sheer speed of the ame with the throws and counters.

Pick up and play... TTT because i had all the other tekkens i found it pretty easy pulling off combos as not many moves have changed... but my friend picked up the pad and he had trouble...now he boutgh tekken 3 off me and practiced at his house. when he came back around he was getting better... looked like he knew what he was doing.
DOA2 never played any DOA befor, very easy to start playing you can pull of combos straight away. and the moves look great as soon as you start...if sum1 was watching you and didn't know how easy it was they would think you was a pro.

Lastability... TTT wins here.... as the only way to get truely good at TTT is to practice.. and there are so many chracters to practice on.. and then you got your other modes and Bowling game which is very fun.
DOA2 Has lots of modes but not as much to practice on, with a quarter of the amount of characters as TTT DOA2 is much shorter.

Backgrounds... TTT They look fantastic with helipcopters taking off in beutiful animation and d\ark dank back alley ways with ppl running around, looks great.
DOA2 although not as good looking as TTT this is where DOA2 slaps TTT in the face. fullly 3d environments u can hit walla anything on the floor it's fully interactive falling of building and cliff's it looks awesome, The best effects in either fighting game is the end boss in DOA2... the graphics bluring everywhere (kinda liked you've just been knocked out) while your fighting is great.

Overall... TTT this game is great and it gives you a big grin when u pull of a ten hit combo or a tag combo, but if a friend comes over and has never played a Tekken game you will truely mop the floor with him.. the only chane he will have of nearly beating you is being Eddy/Tiger and button bashing at you. The problem with Tekken is that your either "Great" or "Not so great" so you know who will always win.
DOA2 Not as long as TTT but if you have friends this is the game to play as anything can happen. it's easy top pick up and play and it will impress the woohaa out of them when u know em off a building to there death. they wont get mad either they will be too amazed at what just happened.

Overall i think TTT might have the slight edge. only in lastablitly.

If you are a person that likes to practice and practice a computer game to get good and know they have earned it Buy TTT

If you like a mad quick fighting game and are a button basher get DOA2.

You wont be dissapointed with either... i thik most will agree.

other ppl's views if you played both games?
Tue 02/01/01 at 10:52
wowsie :) typed much more then i thought. hoped it helped sum1. (just saw the time) time flys when your having fun *ah-hem*
Tue 02/01/01 at 19:02
Regular
I'm very impressed with DOA2

I've just recently mastered counter attacks and made my m8 (who thinks he is the master of Fighting games) look like a newbie. LMFAO :) :) :)

Beat him 37 - 17

+ Remember DOA2 = Women with large bouncing breats.

I only played a demo of TTT and it looks awesome - probably going to buy it tommorow :)
Wed 03/01/01 at 19:00
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I too think this is a great game, there may be only 2 extra characters to get but there lots of other costumes to get and the survival mode add more to it.
Wed 03/01/01 at 23:40
Regular
PSM2 reckoned TTT was better, and I usually find them to be very accurate. However, I`ve never played DOA2, so I don`t really know.
Thu 04/01/01 at 10:02
"High polygon count"
I'm a huge fan of Tekken, having bought all of the games since Tekken 2.

However, having played it for about an hour before my TV went away for repair, I have to say I preferred DoA2 to TTT.

Don't really know why though. Maybe just because it's something different, a breath of fresh air compared to the Tekken series. Or maybe it's the bouncy bits...
Thu 04/01/01 at 11:07
"High polygon count"
Sorry, forgot to say...

The 60Hz display option in DoA2 is absolutely brilliant, and is something I'd like to see all developers include on future titles.

If only there had been such an option in Ridge V, which has some of the largest borders I've ever seen. Borders don't really affect me or bother me personally, as my TV can be 'zoomed' to eliminate them, but I still like the 60Hz option.
Fri 05/01/01 at 08:29
I havn't got all the costumes up yet cuz players are supposed to have 4-8 custumes but ive got the 2 characters... assassin bloke and tengu. now ive done that though i'm sorta back to tekken to get new combo's.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.