GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Super Mario Kart"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 30/12/00 at 11:16
Regular
Seeing that nowhere that I know of stocks SNES games anymore, I thought I'd ask to see if anyone had the SNES game Super Mario Kart. I have a SNES, and do not want to miss out on this gaming masterpiece. I've resisted the lure so far (that coupled with the facts that I've been broke and couldn't actually get hold of it), and so would dearly like to get the game. If anyone has it then please let me know!

Many thanks
AndyHall!
Sun 21/01/01 at 22:33
If you want some good old games try this page

http://www.games-mania.net/

lots of emulators, lots of classic games too.
Fri 12/01/01 at 19:54
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"

I know EBay have got a few selling from a fiver

Blimey... BomberMan... :)
Fri 12/01/01 at 10:33
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I've got super mario kart. Not sure I wanna sell it though =)
I also have mario all stars, super mario world, zelda, zombies, alien3 and 2 pads.

What I'm really looking for is a multi-way adapter and a copy of one of the super bomberman games. Maybe if you can find one of those we can come to some sort of deal...
Thu 11/01/01 at 21:12
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Ahhh... Super Mario Kart... An all time classic! :)

You can probably pick one up from an auction site (QXL) for a fiver... there are a few British online store who still sell SNES carts... or you could grab the GBA version when that come out, which I understand to be a pretty straight copy?... doesnt the Special Reserve mag still sell a few SNES carts?

Emulators will work okay... but the game wont have the same feel... Also its harder to come back from the pub and Race/Battle Mode around the PC as it is around the Telly...
Wed 03/01/01 at 13:55
Regular
"not dead"
My brother let a friend of his borrow my copy of Super Mario Kart.

Haven't seen it since.

I have got a copy of someone elses Street Racer, but that's hardly any consolation.

That game had a strange football mode, where you would drive around trying to get hold of the ball, the throw it in a goal.

Odd.

meka_dragon PQMS8/00
Sun 31/12/00 at 12:57
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Unlikely yes but possible, you can always find a game trough a second hand shop oran internet auction...

try www.yaho.co.uk and go to the auctions link @ the top...try your luck.

The Game
Sat 30/12/00 at 14:52
Regular
It's unlikely, I'm afraid, that you'll find it now.

But I have an alternative solution.

Have you ever heard of emulation? It's basically putting a program on your PC, that allows you to play game ROMS that you can download from the internet. It's quite safe, but it is piracy. I see it as ok, because you can't buy the games anymore, so I don't see why you can't download them.

First go to www.arcadeathome.com, there, click on console emulation on the left hand side, then SNES. I suggest either ZSNES, or Snes9X, get both, if I were you. This will emulate the games on your PC. Both programs are easy to use.

I'm afraid you'll have to find the roms on your own though. Try searching for SNES roms in www.aj.com, good luck!
Sat 30/12/00 at 11:16
Seeing that nowhere that I know of stocks SNES games anymore, I thought I'd ask to see if anyone had the SNES game Super Mario Kart. I have a SNES, and do not want to miss out on this gaming masterpiece. I've resisted the lure so far (that coupled with the facts that I've been broke and couldn't actually get hold of it), and so would dearly like to get the game. If anyone has it then please let me know!

Many thanks
AndyHall!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.