GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Controversial? Or just funny?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/01/03 at 17:00
Regular
From Ananova.com

-----

Marmite ad to show same-sex kiss

A TV advert for Marmite is to feature the first ever same-sex kiss shown in a commercial.

The risque campaign shows a lifeguard being forced to smooch a man he has just given the kiss of life to.

Viewers will see the lifesaver munching on a Marmite sandwich when he spots a drowning man in the water.

As he gives the kiss of life, the man pulls the lifeguard's head towards him and begins to kiss him back.

But the makers of the spread say they are not deliberately trying to court controversy.

A Marmite spokeswoman said: "When people look at the advert they will realise there is nothing which could cause offence."

-----

I saw this advert earlier today, and all I could do was laugh. Given the nature of their ad campaign, is there really anything controversial about it? I don't think so.
Fri 03/01/03 at 19:35
Regular
Must.Not.Point.Out.The.Ironing...
;)
Fri 03/01/03 at 17:58
wam_man wrote:
> women watching this advert: heh heh
>
> women watching one with wimen kissing: *straight face8
>
> not to be sexist, of course

Your stupid
Fri 03/01/03 at 15:48
Regular
"He's back"
women watching this advert: heh heh

women watching one with wimen kissing: *straight face8

not to be sexist, of course
Thu 02/01/03 at 15:32
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
Vice wrote:
> lol feminist's so pathetic. fight for rights because they hate men yet
> most of them look and dress like men.

Yeah! LOL :P
Thu 02/01/03 at 13:53
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
2 men kissing = not controversial and no whining at all.
2 women kissing = national headlines with the combat boot, moustache wearing feminist brigade camping outside the marmite factory forcing them to stop airing this *sexist, demoralizing neanderthal advert*

the only reason the feminists complain about this stuff is because it usually involves good looking women something which they'll never be so they have to force other people not to look at them too. They seem to forget the fact that their stopping their female companions from working and having the free will to do what they want something which the feminists themselves campaigned for. Of course they are just a bunch of hypocrites they want equal right but just a tad bit more equal than us men. I don't see them crying over the unfair divorce system, teaching system or law system but of course they have the upper hand in them so why bother eh?

Oh but i better stop moaning otherwise i'll be a *sexist pig* and i don't want to be one of them by airing my views heaven forbid :|
Thu 02/01/03 at 03:30
Regular
"everyone says it"
I am all for voyeurism.

*Does the Brent dance*
Thu 02/01/03 at 00:53
Regular
"we escape....."
lol feminist's so pathetic. fight for rights because they hate men yet most of them look and dress like men.
Wed 01/01/03 at 23:16
Regular
Just saw the ad for the first time...

Nic's reaction: Heh heh heh
Nic's parents reaction: Urgh, is that what they have resorted to now?

I think it's cos they're old or something.
Wed 01/01/03 at 21:19
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Strange, after seeing the advert I had the sudden urge to eat a Marmite sandwich, then rush out and buy shares in Marmite.
Wed 01/01/03 at 20:50
Regular
"Excommunicated"
" We want equal rights... but better rights for woman "

" Hypocrites "

" Boooo you're just a male sexist pig, burn him ladies "

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.