GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Two good films on in half an hour"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/12/02 at 20:35
Regular
Speed on Channel One and LA Confidential on Channel 2. Both start at 9:00. I think I'll sort of switch between, i.e. when one gets boring switch to the other. I've already seen Speed, it was very good. Haven't seen LA Confidential.
Wed 01/01/03 at 21:17
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
L.A Confidential RULES! Only film where I thought Russell Crowe was alright (Yes - Gladiator is pants). And Asher, don't trust reviews. They're evil.
Wed 01/01/03 at 16:12
Regular
> Asher D wrote:
> Haven't seen LA Confidential.

Blank wrote:
>
> Then how did you know it was good?

5 star rating.
Tue 31/12/02 at 18:44
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I ended up watching Speed and Hot Shots when I should have been watching Two Towers!! But I got home 6 minutes late from the pool hall! Long story.

Anyway, I've seen both films (Speed and Hot Shots that is) and I'm not a big fan of either but while watching Speed this time, I noticed something which sort of makes the whole film a bit pointless. It all depends on how much a big jumbo jet plane costs admittedly but if you count up all the things that are destroyed, they may as well have just paid Dennis Hopper his 3.7 million dollars. I mean they blew up a bus and a massive plane, destroyed a train and loads of cars, a couple of people died and quite a few must have been traumatized (and for all we know, that plane that exploded could have been full of passengers). So basically, they could have avoided it all by paying him. But noooooo, the bad guy can't win! Oh no!

And it's hardly decently acted. Dennis Hopper isn't bad but not great when you compare it to some of his other roles, Sandra Bullock is just annoying as hell and Keanue Reeves is quite crap really. Just look at him when he finds out Harry's dead. Screaming like a little school girl.

And another thing, what the hell was up with that cop who was telling that pyscho woman to get off the bus. He surely knew that no one else was allowed off except the driver. Yet for some strange reason he holds out his hand and says: "Come on lady!" Give that man a medal I say! She was just annoying me.
Tue 31/12/02 at 18:34
Asher D wrote:
> Haven't seen LA Confidential.

Then how did you know it was good?
Tue 31/12/02 at 18:21
Regular
"That's right!"
CDouch wrote:
it's just like Speed 2 but with a bus instead of a boat...

-------

Except that it's entertaining, decently acted (sort of) and is actually a GOOD film
Tue 31/12/02 at 18:08
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Memorandum wrote:
> Keanu Reeves annoys me

Except for in Bill and Ted of course.

Speed is pretty good, it's just like Speed 2 but with a bus instead of a boat...
Tue 31/12/02 at 16:27
Regular
I watched LA Confidential as well. Speed was boring, so I watched LAC. It was good, I only saw up to the bit where that geek man was interrogating that guy who wet himself about the killings at the coffee bar.
Tue 31/12/02 at 10:03
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
I watched Blow last night on DVD. It was excellent. Next film? Scorcese's "Gngs of New York" which looks impressive.
Tue 31/12/02 at 10:01
Regular
"not dead"
LA Confidential was excellent.

I'd wanted to see it for ages, but something always stopped me, so I'm glad I finally got to see it.
Mon 30/12/02 at 21:31
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Keanu Reeves annoys me

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.