GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Old Music"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/12/02 at 20:33
Regular
Right. I'm a year and a half on the journey of listening to 'proper music', and I think it's about time that I found out a bit more about artists that are continually name-dropped by everyone. I suppose that the best way to do this is to buy thier music.

(Well, alright, not buy - download)

So, I was wondering if the knowledge of these forums extends to the following bands / people? And if so, could they instruct me toward thier best album?

Bruce Springsteen
The Rolling Stones
The Beatles
Bob Dylan

Ta very much.
Sat 04/01/03 at 15:41
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Download:

"Alone Again Or" by Love (The missing link between the beatles and flamenco dance)

"Sweetness" by Yes (Flaming Lips style old music)
Sat 04/01/03 at 12:39
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Stryke wrote:
> If you're looking for the Beatles, the No 1 album
> Greatest Hits album is definitely a must buy. It's great.

I'm not a huge fan of that - has the same problem as all "Best of..." albums i.e. it's totally disjointed.

White Album is probably my favourite album of all time. Diverse wee collection of songs and pretty much every one of them is an absolute gem.
Wed 01/01/03 at 21:57
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Beatles rule. The already suggested ones are very good, but listen to Revolver as well.
Sun 29/12/02 at 21:18
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
> Bruce Springsteen
Born to run

> The Rolling Stones
40 licks is good, hot rocks is also good as well

> The Beatles
I like the white album and abbey road but I would say get the greatest hits one (There is a PC disk thing with all the albums on it. Its cool.

> Bob Dylan
Either Blonde on Blonde or the greatest hits ones.
Sun 29/12/02 at 20:51
Regular
Yellow Submarine is my personal favourite Beatles album, but all of them are great. If you're looking for the Beatles, the No 1 album Greatest Hits album is definitely a must buy. It's great.
Sun 29/12/02 at 20:33
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Right. I'm a year and a half on the journey of listening to 'proper music', and I think it's about time that I found out a bit more about artists that are continually name-dropped by everyone. I suppose that the best way to do this is to buy thier music.

(Well, alright, not buy - download)

So, I was wondering if the knowledge of these forums extends to the following bands / people? And if so, could they instruct me toward thier best album?

Bruce Springsteen
The Rolling Stones
The Beatles
Bob Dylan

Ta very much.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.