GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Max Payne"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/12/02 at 00:20
Regular
First off i'm not sure this is the right forum for this topic, but hopefully i'll get an answer.

Anyway I've just downloaded Max Payne from KaZaa. I extracted the files and them compressed them to a .rar file. I put it on a CD and took it to my other pc i got for xmas. I extracted the files from the CD, and then clicked the Max Payne logo to play.
While i'm playing, randomly, at whatever part im at the game just stops and dissapears and the desktop appears.

Why does it do this?

I havent installed anything, I cant find anything to install it, could this be the problem?

Please, if you have any ideas what the problem is please help.

Thanks.
Fri 27/12/02 at 12:59
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
:-D
Fri 27/12/02 at 12:55
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
What? Stop making trouble, retard, you know what he meant.
Fri 27/12/02 at 12:40
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
AMD_MAN wrote:
> First, It's actually illegal to own a game in which you have not paid
> for

So my brother's Crazy Taxi is illegal because I bought it from Game for him for Christmas?
Fri 27/12/02 at 12:32
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Souonds like a temperatures problem to me. Bought PCs never, ever have adequate cooling. Download Mothrrboard Monitor 5 (http://mbm.livewiredev.com/) and tell us what it says your system and CPU are at.

Also some specs would be nice.
Fri 27/12/02 at 10:41
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I've had similar problems with random locking up/reurning to desktop.

After weeks I found the problem was that as stick of 128mb of SDRAM, bought two sticks (128mb each) few weeks ago, both labelled up as 133mhz but one was actually 100mhz !!

Shock horror - unscrupulus retailer (not SR), I won't name them but they have caused me weeks of grief, prehaps one of you chaps would have picked it up sooner, never mind you live and learn.

By the way the shop exchanged it for a 133 stick in the end.
Fri 27/12/02 at 02:11
Regular
First, It's actually illegal to own a game in which you have not paid for, second this is also telling SR that you agree with software piracy thus not buying the original, obviously sr can't allow this and it wouldnt supprise me if you are banned.

On the other note, make sure your pc isnt overheating at all.

c.b.
Fri 27/12/02 at 00:34
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Spyware isn't checked up with a virus checker!

www.lavasoft.de

Download AdAware and scan your PC for all of it...

Make a back-up of all the files using the back-up feature before you delete anything!

If you've downloaded stuff before and you haven't scanned, you'll have a lot of crap there!
Fri 27/12/02 at 00:32
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Not that I know of...

I don't know much though..

What spec. is your PC..

My 3 and a half year old 800mhz PC still plays most games fine...
Fri 27/12/02 at 00:31
phi11ip wrote:
> Oh God...
>
> Kazaa Lite doesn't have spyware, well done!
>
> The file you download could have viruses and spyware in it!
>
> That's why you should just buy instead of just downloading stuff..

Its ok as i've virus checked.
Fri 27/12/02 at 00:30
Could there be any other reasons? Its a new pc.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.