GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Getting my PS2 online"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/10/05 at 23:31
Regular
"WWJD"
I have an American PS2 and I have just got a router and im am trying to get online though I am having a few problems. I'm free freedom2surf, I have my routers IP address, netmask, default router and primary DNS and yet it still wont connect. When I try an automatic it gets to the DNAS authentication screen and freezes.

Can anyone help? please

Longy
Mon 17/10/05 at 19:49
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Have any luck getting it online?
Sat 15/10/05 at 12:07
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
One of my mates has a US PS2 and I'mpretty sure he plays online, he's been going on about playing socom3 online yesterday.
Will find out what he did to set it up.

EDIT: A few things he suggests.

Delete your UK network settings of the memory card.
Then use your US network game to set up the new settings.
I presume its a real copy of the game as copies don't work.
Set the IP of the US ps2 to the dmz host of my router so all ports are open.
Sat 15/10/05 at 09:57
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Are you living in America? I know you said you have an American PS2 but Ive heard of people in the UK using American PS2s and they cant get online - something to do with the servers.
Fri 14/10/05 at 23:31
Regular
"WWJD"
I have an American PS2 and I have just got a router and im am trying to get online though I am having a few problems. I'm free freedom2surf, I have my routers IP address, netmask, default router and primary DNS and yet it still wont connect. When I try an automatic it gets to the DNAS authentication screen and freezes.

Can anyone help? please

Longy

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.