GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Radeon 9700 Pro - with heatsink, not fan"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 14/12/02 at 12:56
Regular
check out the size of this heatsink !

http://firingsquad.gamers.com/hardware/sapphire_atlantis_ 9700_pro_ultimate_review/

(remove space)

sorry if this is old news, but I know how some of you complain PC's are too noisy and stop you sleeping !
Mon 16/12/02 at 20:07
Regular
Thats all good but you are still putting the hot air from the cpu into the case so over time the inside of the case will heat up thus so will all the components, you want the hot air to direct straight out of the case which in turn will keep your case temp down or a better mod of the cooling the shuttle pc uses with the heat pipes.

c.b.
Mon 16/12/02 at 18:22
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
AMD_MAN wrote:
> Let's hope so as i have seen so many geforce 4 ti4600/ti4600 platinums
> that overheat, i would love to see this used on cpu's, also i belive
> the cooling will take up the PCI slot next to th AGP slot as well.
>
> c.b.

The only difficulty with that is clearing the heatsink on the ground. You need to get passed some capacitors at least, you wouldn't have enough room and the fluid pressure would be too high to allow a decent airflow. Your best idea is what I have:

http://www.sine-wave.net/stuff/cooling.png
Mon 16/12/02 at 08:07
Regular
Let's hope so as i have seen so many geforce 4 ti4600/ti4600 platinums that overheat, i would love to see this used on cpu's, also i belive the cooling will take up the PCI slot next to th AGP slot as well.

c.b.
Mon 16/12/02 at 07:49
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Indeed, although more importantly on the GeForce FX the air is taken from outside and piped.

Because of the low voltage of 0.13 micron cores, their general lack of thermal dissapation coupled with rhe cold air intake with near-100% heatsink contact, I predict the GeForce FX will be very quiet and will generally have very good cooling.
Sun 15/12/02 at 22:10
Regular
link to said card

http://www.deviantpc.com/reviews/abitotes4200/p2.shtml

c.b.
Sun 15/12/02 at 22:08
Regular
Have you seen they are starting to use the same sort of heatsink and fan that they use on laptops, this is a great idea as then the air is directly pushed out of the case, Abit have done it on their Ti 4200 OTES, I was wondering why this way of cooling wasnt taken up sooner, i thought of trying it myself but they beat me to it :(, i wonder if it will work on Cpu's, i suppose they would have to make a custom case for it, but it is worth thinking about.

c.b.
Sun 15/12/02 at 21:03
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Never said you didn't, I was just exaplinging so I didn't seem like such a fool, sadly I failed :D
Sun 15/12/02 at 20:21
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Trust me, I know a Zalman heatpipe when I see one :)
Sun 15/12/02 at 18:52
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
By the way, I scanning through the text on the original link trying to see if is was a Zalman but didn't see anything..there probably is though.
Sun 15/12/02 at 18:51
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_
Other_Coolers_and_Displays_57.html

I'd seen the bigger one, it just looks smaller.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.