GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I didn't know this, but..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 17/10/05 at 17:40
"High polygon count"
Apparently you can use your iTunes/iPod music on your PSP.

All you need to do is change the file extension from .m4a to .mp4 before copying to your PSP and it'll play fine.
Tue 18/10/05 at 23:23
"High polygon count"
It's exactly the same. But PCs/Windows only recognise .jpg and .jpeg as the same because they're told to; the PSP is not.

You can alter Windows to remove the .jpeg extension and the same thing will happen - it won't recognise the .jpeg files as an image.

It's something which can be addressed in a future firmware update, but whether they'll bother or not... I doubt it, personally.
Tue 18/10/05 at 23:06
But is it not just like the difference between .jpeg and .jpg, as in none at all?
Tue 18/10/05 at 23:03
"High polygon count"
down wrote:
> and isn't m4a just another file extension for mp4? as in, they're the
> same anyway?

Yes, but the PSP won't recognize the m4a extension.

Bonus wrote:
> Anyone got any working yet?

Not yet!
Tue 18/10/05 at 22:54
Regular
I read that little booklet too.

It's weird it had this little knows piece of info but made no mention of atrac formats whatsoever.

Anyone got any working yet?
Tue 18/10/05 at 22:39
Isn't mp4 just a compression format, just like mp3?

and isn't m4a just another file extension for mp4? as in, they're the same anyway?
Tue 18/10/05 at 21:00
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
MP4 is video though, right? So if you're listening to music, surely you have to change to MP3 or something else?
Mon 17/10/05 at 18:03
"High polygon count"
Well, I just tried it and it didn't work. Probably the DRM as you say.

Odd, because it's in a booklet which came with OPS2 mag. I'd imagine they tried it and got it to work somehow - maybe through an older version or something? Who knows.
Mon 17/10/05 at 17:42
FairPlay?
Mon 17/10/05 at 17:40
"High polygon count"
Apparently you can use your iTunes/iPod music on your PSP.

All you need to do is change the file extension from .m4a to .mp4 before copying to your PSP and it'll play fine.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.