GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Royksopp"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 14/12/02 at 00:08
Regular
I'm sure someone started a thread here a while ago about Royksopp. I remember seeing the name, but didn't read the thread.

I've *just* discovered them, after seeing them on Channel 4's "Born Sloppy" programme. I searched on the net and found this page with audio and video:

http://www.astralwerks.com/royksopp/

They're from Norway and do Electronica, which I've always liked.

From what I've heard, they are fantastic - I'm just off to order the album!
Sat 14/12/02 at 16:47
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
Royksopp are dead good, you'll have heard some of their stuff on TV before, it's one of those albums that gets used on all those trendy TV programs!

They're not as good as LemonJelly though, those guys rule!
Sat 14/12/02 at 15:27
Regular
"cachoo"
Is one of their song's on an advert??
Sat 14/12/02 at 15:11
I don't really like them. They're not unpleasant to listen to, just not my kind of thing.
Sat 14/12/02 at 00:58
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Yeah, they are dead good. I like the chilled out style.
Sat 14/12/02 at 00:43
Regular
"relocated"
Yeah, I know what you mean. The music just seems a little bit clinical, a little bit too flawless. It's the sort of music you can really like, but not actually love. I like my house music a bit rougher round the edges. The mix of 'What Does It Feel Like' is absolutely huge, though.

I actually bought my mum the Royksopp CD for her birthday. She loves it: never a good sign.
Sat 14/12/02 at 00:34
Regular
Yay, royksopp.

The music just feels a little.. dry, otherwise it'd be close enough to flawless for the most part.

Couldn't afford the royksopp's night out tour, otherwise i'd have been there no question.
Sat 14/12/02 at 00:23
Regular
"relocated"
They're dead good. Especially Poor Leno which is fantastic. Great album, too, except for the last couple of tracks which sound like wishy washy elevator jazz. They also did a brilliant mix of a Felix Da Housecat tune. It's on Kazaa: just search for 'what does it feel like'.
Sat 14/12/02 at 00:08
"High polygon count"
I'm sure someone started a thread here a while ago about Royksopp. I remember seeing the name, but didn't read the thread.

I've *just* discovered them, after seeing them on Channel 4's "Born Sloppy" programme. I searched on the net and found this page with audio and video:

http://www.astralwerks.com/royksopp/

They're from Norway and do Electronica, which I've always liked.

From what I've heard, they are fantastic - I'm just off to order the album!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.