GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Daily Mail QOTD"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/12/02 at 08:57
Regular
Sod Cherie Blair and let the Daily Mail impart some of its vast musical knowledge upon you this morning... Having uncovered that Mike Skinner of the Streets is apparently (and deservedly) going to trounce Robbie Williams at the utterly meaningless Brit Awards the Mail invokes the Eminem comparisons, because it's down with the kids, and comes up with this little gem:

"He [Mike Skinner] is very much in the mould of Eminem, the American who has made a name for himself as the world's first credible white rapper."

mmmmmmmm... Can anyone possible think of credible white rappers who hit the scene before 1998 *cough* beastie boys *cough*. Answers on a postcard.
Tue 10/12/02 at 18:53
What about the guy out of Cypress Hill. I'm sure there is one nearly white one...
Tue 10/12/02 at 18:35
Regular
What about Everlast?

Does he count as rap?
Tue 10/12/02 at 18:29
Another white rapper before 1998 is Kid Rock. He has sort of changed his genre a bit but the first albumn 'Grits Sandwiches for Breakfast Y'all' was total Rap. Think it was released in 1992
Tue 10/12/02 at 18:23
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Yeh The Daily Mail should go back to its "great" new stories about the Royal family and politics.

And to think I used to like the paper. It's too dull now.

Why can't someone make the ultimate paper which has the intellectual stories of The Times and Guardians but the size of the Mail. The Times and Guardian are good but I cannot handle their size. Please how can you read it without pulling the whole thing apart and then folding the pieces of paper up.
Tue 10/12/02 at 18:21
Regular
Mike Skinner has invented a new genre.

It's the "Having a chat with some music in the background" genre.

And it's bloody brilliant.
Tue 10/12/02 at 17:51
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
Mr. Happy wrote:
> mmmmmmmm... Can anyone possible think of credible white rappers who
> hit the scene before 1998 *cough* beastie boys *cough*. Answers on a
> postcard.

The daily mail seem to forget Vanilla Ice
His first album sold well then the follow up didn't
(LOL)
and then there was Snow with the chart hit Informer

and the Beastie Boys who have more credability than the previous 2 and then some :)

Anyway I thought the mail hated eminem, and now they call him the first credible white rapper.
Tue 10/12/02 at 17:48
Regular
What about Vanilla Ice? Heh.
Tue 10/12/02 at 16:23
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
I meant to see him at Reading this year, but he was playing the same time as something else. So I didn't.

After typing that, I realise what an utterly pointless thing it is to say.
Oh well.
Tue 10/12/02 at 16:10
Regular
"everyone says it"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> The Streets is garage, but good. I'd like to see him live, that'd be
> way rad.
>
> The Daily Mail wouldn't know popular culture if it bit them on the
> ****.

They are fantastic live. Went with two mates in October to a small club in London, no idea how Kyle got the tickets but damn. Well... get yourself along to one Ali.

(how come you are allowed past the filter).

:P
Tue 10/12/02 at 15:39
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Sorry, bodacious.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.