GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Q top 100 albums"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 06/12/02 at 09:39
Regular
How the hell did the strokes get to number 10? it just shows how today's generation are so pop cultured and only enjoy trendy music Led Zepplin were the only pre 1990 band in the top 10 i think. Now that's pretty gay. Prolly only voted for by fans of the strokes, because the strokes prolly reckon that led zepplin were there inspiration to music. I don't how led zepplin inspired terribly bad music and songs that sound the same
Fri 06/12/02 at 09:39
Regular
"we escape....."
How the hell did the strokes get to number 10? it just shows how today's generation are so pop cultured and only enjoy trendy music Led Zepplin were the only pre 1990 band in the top 10 i think. Now that's pretty gay. Prolly only voted for by fans of the strokes, because the strokes prolly reckon that led zepplin were there inspiration to music. I don't how led zepplin inspired terribly bad music and songs that sound the same
Fri 06/12/02 at 12:51
"Wa-wa-west"
I don't believe it! But just so long as they didn't have anything really awful other than the strokes in the top 10, then I'll be happy.
Fri 06/12/02 at 13:39
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Umm...Led Zeppelin are nothing like The Strokes. The Strokes are coasting on ripping off The Ramones/The MC5's/The Stooges.

Nirvana "Nevermind" at number one. Nothing to do with the "Greatest Hits" package though...no siree.
Man, I remember when Nirvana broke big and killed hair-metal. '90/'91 it was, I was at college and I saw them on The Word.
Managed to blag a ticket to see them play ULU in London and thought "They're pretty good"

I dont understand this veneration of a dead junkie though.
Fri 06/12/02 at 13:49
Regular
"Excommunicated"
The list is pretty bad

Nevermind isn't even Nirvana's best *nevermind* the best album.

Eminem 5th of something?
Strokes 9th?

Strokes album is average... one or two decent songs nicked from old bands.

People are mongs
Fri 06/12/02 at 13:50
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I blame the NME for everything

I buy it every week as it makes me laugh but every week it's:

" The strokes - the best band in the world "
" The white stripes - the best band in the world "
" The vines - best band since nirvana "
" The Datsuns - Saviors of music "

Give us a bloody break
Fri 06/12/02 at 15:43
"Uzi Lover"
Where can I find a list of the top 100 albums without buying the mag?
Fri 06/12/02 at 15:47
"slightlyshortertagl"
I saw the top 10 in the Metro... and it's BS.
Fri 06/12/02 at 15:59
Regular
"Excommunicated"
They might be on the site

Somebody posted the top 100 on the Manics forum agggges ago
Fri 06/12/02 at 17:59
Regular
Yep the list is pretty bad in places. Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory being a particulary good example of this. But thats what you get when Q decide to launch the voting slip in the Nirvana Special issue.
Fri 06/12/02 at 18:33
"...Unicef pennies.."
BOTH Coldplay albums in the top 100?

what a load of fu-

*gets banned by SR to prevent propagation of massive outburst of expletives onto the eyes of impressionable youth*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.