GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What do you want to see on XLA or VC or PS3?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/09/06 at 14:55
"possibly impossible"
Both Xbox Live Arcade and Virtual Console have the potential to make retro gamers very happy. But programmers can also create games for both of these as well, meaning that we might see some 'retro' style new games in addition to some old favorites. Even PS3 has now got in on the act by promising Megadrive downloads.

But what do you want to see on either of these systems? What would be your ideal retro game list for downloading?
Fri 29/09/06 at 14:05
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Anyone remember Chaos?

What a game, I'd love to see it back again!
Fri 29/09/06 at 13:47
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Hmmmm Cannon Fodder, Spectral Souls and a Disgaea game ............ may have to rethink my no PSP stance
Fri 29/09/06 at 12:04
"possibly impossible"
Sibs wrote:
> But if they released Cannon Fodder for the Wii, with Wii-mote
> controls to mimic a mouse... I'd get that!
> (yes, I realise the chances of them doing that are slim to
> none...)

Plus there's a 3D one coming for the PSP. I would think that the DS should cope quite well with Cannon Fodder though, with the stylus pointing the direction.
Fri 29/09/06 at 10:19
Regular
Micro Machines
Streets of Rage series
Golden Axe series
Mortal Kombat Series
Street Fighter series (properly done)
Road Rash/Skitchin
Mario Party Online
Toejam & Earl
Contra/Probotector
R-Type series

That's all I can think of now...
Thu 28/09/06 at 18:47
Regular
Games I'd like to play?

Lemmings
Worms
Streets of Rage
Golden Axe
That Simpsons arcade (where Maggie is kidnapped)
That WWF arcade
Sonic
Crazy Taxi
Power Stone :)
etc.

I think it's great that they're doing this :D can't wait to play some of the old games I use to play in the 80ies and 90ies.
Thu 28/09/06 at 18:35
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Never did finish that, might have to get that Rom
Thu 28/09/06 at 18:33
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Sibs wrote:
> I did actually buy a pack years ago with Cannon Fodder 1 & 2
> for the PC (cost about a fiver, maybe a tenner), but it didn't
> run on my PC... Not sure why, think our PC was too good at the
> time... May have only run on DOS or an older version of Windows
> I suppose.

The Sold Out ones? Yea i bought that to, they never seem to work. I just play it on my Snes emulator now
Thu 28/09/06 at 18:32
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Kawada wrote:
> Sibs wrote:
> Soleil! That was a great little action/RPG game.
>
> Indeed, and quite original to what with that part of the game
> where you could only talk to the animals

And turning into the Slime. And the Go-Kart race with the Cheetah... Ah, memories...
Thu 28/09/06 at 18:29
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Sibs wrote:
> Soleil! That was a great little action/RPG game.

Indeed, and quite original to what with that part of the game where you could only talk to the animals
Thu 28/09/06 at 18:28
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Also, I had Cannon Fodder for the MD, and it was great, but looking back it would be so much better on a PC with a mouse...

I did actually buy a pack years ago with Cannon Fodder 1 & 2 for the PC (cost about a fiver, maybe a tenner), but it didn't run on my PC... Not sure why, think our PC was too good at the time... May have only run on DOS or an older version of Windows I suppose.

But if they released Cannon Fodder for the Wii, with Wii-mote controls to mimic a mouse... I'd get that!
(yes, I realise the chances of them doing that are slim to none...)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.