GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Your Views of EMULATION (Good,bad or not the same)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/12/00 at 19:07
Regular
Emulation occurs in almost every console. What are your views on the matter. I personally don't like it because of it's experience and the hassel. I feel it is just not the same as true gaming and it is pointless with the new systems
Wed 20/12/00 at 22:56
Any more views?
Tue 19/12/00 at 19:51
"possibly impossible"
I couldn't say. Well I could, but it's not legal to distribute the roms, as the copyright owners still own the rights to the games. If you have all the arcade boards at home then it's a different story. ;-)
Tue 19/12/00 at 12:48
I do but I can't say on this site or else they might chuck me off
Tue 19/12/00 at 11:21
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
I'd like to find a huge set of mame roms on cd. Do you know where I could get one pb? (or any one else). Or is there problems with copyright here?
Mon 18/12/00 at 21:38
"possibly impossible"
Sorry, as long as this is okay with you Tony and Ali. If not, I won't mention it again and you are free to delete the message. I don't want to cause a fuss!
Mon 18/12/00 at 21:37
"possibly impossible"
If you want to send a SAE I'll send discs for free as christmas presents. But only if I don't get many requests. Discs cost £1 you know, if you want to send a £1 coin in the package then I'll be happy. That's not asking too much.

Just mail [email protected] for more! I'm only doing it to let everyone know how good the old games really were.
Mon 18/12/00 at 21:35
i always download Gameboy games and emulate them to test *wink wink* them before i buy them *wink*, unless this is nintendo and then i have nothing to do with it

ps im now on ireland level of Tomb Raider chronicals and its scary :)
Mon 18/12/00 at 21:18
Yes but I aint payin nothin
Mon 18/12/00 at 21:11
"possibly impossible"
Spectrum and C64 emulators are excellent as the copyright has expired and not been renewed on most games. This makes them public domain.

The best bit is that you can fit over 3000 on a single CD and still have room left over! Coincidentally, I have a CD with lots of Speccy and C64 games and emulators on if anyone is interested.
Mon 18/12/00 at 16:44
I have emulators and games for virtually every has-been console. Get the best emulators and roms at
www.emuclassics.com

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.