GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Little Big Planet Delayed"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'LittleBigPlanet'.
Fri 17/10/08 at 23:55
"possibly impossible"
Sony have delayed the worldwide release of Little Big Planet because some of the music had words from the Qu'ran in and a threat was posted on the official Sony forums during the Beta.

This means a delay while they take the offending songs out of the game and replace them.

LBP is one of the most anticipated games on the PS3 this year and Sony hoped it would be a big system seller.
Mon 20/10/08 at 09:35
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Edgy wrote:
> If The Sun are anything to go by, the song in question has been
> on general release for the last 2 years...and was sung by a
> Muslim.
>
> So I don't get what the problem actually is?
>
> If they'd complaine about the song's orginal release, then I
> could understand there being a fuss now...or maybe I'm living in
> a fantasy world where people have the sense to live and let live
> and don't take offence at every little thing.
>
> Next we'll have extremists banning hot cross buns and Christmas
> lights...

Not wanting to sound controversial, but as LBP probably wasn't developed by a Muslim and the game will be played by 1000's of people that aren't Muslim, that is probably where the problems are going to spring up from.

In my opinion, some muslims are very touchy about their religion and anything that may be offensive will be taken as offensive. Unlike most Christians that can watch things such as Father Ted, Vicar of Dibley and other religious comedies that parody Christian life, it seems that they can't handle light relief without saying it is an attack on Islam and bombarding anybody that has anything to do with with it with threats.

It is a sad world we live in and I'm sure only a minority would have been offended by the song. Thisis the world where the minorities rule the majorities.
Sun 19/10/08 at 21:19
Regular
The trouble with the PS3 at the moment is that its 'amazing features' aren't amazing to me as I currently will not benefit from Blu-Ray (as am still playing console games ona 21inch CRT), I don't have £300 lying about and most games I want to play are on Wii and Xbox 360 (and DS for the handheld fun).

Little Big Planet does look alright from what I've seen on the TV ads but just because a group of people say its great, will not stop me enjoying other games on other systems.

I still think the reason behind the delay is a bit more shocking...
Sun 19/10/08 at 16:40
Regular
pb wrote:
> For you, maybe.
>
> That's like saying that everyone should have a Ford Focus
> because someone thinks they're better than Ferrari for doing the
> daily school run.

Hmmm, yeah. I'm sure I'm alone in my appreciation of games like Tekken and Final Fantasy.

> Many others love games like SOCOM or MGS4 and LBP and they're
> quite happy with all the other games that are on both platforms.

Yes, they're good games, but are there really enough system sellers to warrant a purchase of such an expensive console? I mean, Xbox 360 has Bioshock, the Gears series, Fable 2, Forza, halo 3 and others. Plus the games which were previously exclusive to PS3.
Sun 19/10/08 at 09:42
Regular
If The Sun are anything to go by, the song in question has been on general release for the last 2 years...and was sung by a Muslim.

So I don't get what the problem actually is?

If they'd complaine about the song's orginal release, then I could understand there being a fuss now...or maybe I'm living in a fantasy world where people have the sense to live and let live and don't take offence at every little thing.

Next we'll have extremists banning hot cross buns and Christmas lights...
Sat 18/10/08 at 22:19
"possibly impossible"
For you, maybe.

That's like saying that everyone should have a Ford Focus because someone thinks they're better than Ferrari for doing the daily school run.

Many others love games like SOCOM or MGS4 and LBP and they're quite happy with all the other games that are on both platforms.
Sat 18/10/08 at 10:40
Regular
Yes, I do.
Tekken isn't exclusive.
DMC isn't exclusive.
Resi 5 isn't exclusive.
Final fantasy isn't exclusive.
GTA4 isn't exclusive.

Xbox 360 has all the main games I would've bought a PS3 for. The games you mentioned aren't all that.
Sat 18/10/08 at 01:25
"possibly impossible"
You mean, other than Motorstorm 2, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted....
Sat 18/10/08 at 00:58
Regular
If only PS3 had more than this and Metal gear =(
Fri 17/10/08 at 23:55
"possibly impossible"
Sony have delayed the worldwide release of Little Big Planet because some of the music had words from the Qu'ran in and a threat was posted on the official Sony forums during the Beta.

This means a delay while they take the offending songs out of the game and replace them.

LBP is one of the most anticipated games on the PS3 this year and Sony hoped it would be a big system seller.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.