GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why Didn't you guys tell me!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/10/08 at 11:07
Regular
"THFC"
I have been playing games for as long as i can recall, and i love when you find a game that you get excited about playing. You know the ones i mean, your at school or work or wherever it may be, and you just want to get home and play the game.

It feels that as i get older, this happens less and the games just get played for a bit then discarded for a newer version of something similair. I had a playstation 3 pretty soon after launch as i have been a big fan of sony and the games they produce. Never really gave the Xbox a look, until recently when i went out and purchased one. All i can say is that its great. For the price they are now they provide so much entertainment and they appear to be growing even stronger.

The great thing about picking one up now is that i get all the old games to go back and play at a good price. I am not taking anything from Sony and i will keep my playstation until the ps4, but having an Xbox aswell now gives me the best option for games. No longer will i be swearing that an "exclusive" game is out of reach. I can play pretty much any game i want to.

I picked up Halo 3 at the weekend, and i had played number 2 before at a friends and found it enjoyable, but it is the first FPS which i want to play the campaign mode, and complete it. Normally i just want to play Online, but Halo makes me want to do both, and i don't have enough time to do it all! I really think the Xbox is the best purchase i have made in a while. But i have never heard anyone really talk up a lot of these games. Maybe because i did not have an Xbox i ignored the topics, or the reviews of games i was unable to play. But i have to strongly recommend that anyone without an Xbox splashed for one this Christmas. £130 you can pick up this piece of kit and Fifa 09 i think, and it will be money well spent.

I don't want to be seen to have left my Playstation, but for now, the games coming out are mainly on the Xbox, with tons of RPGS keeping me busy. Sony need to start spending some more money or they may loose customers. If you can afford it then why not have both as you have the best option for games. But if someone said to me one or the other, i would probably have to say Xbox at the moment.

Even while i write this i just want to get home and play on Fifa and Halo, and i am sure there are more games that i will pick up soon that do this same thing to me!
Mon 06/10/08 at 13:32
Regular
"THFC"
i have been lucky on xbox live, i have not heard many people being idiots, but then you get it on Ps3 aswell so i am used to it by now. But i have to say i always have a good connection to xbox live, my connection on ps3 is a bit dodgey at times. But i guess thats why you pay for it!

Thought Halo 3 was going to have loads of idiots on there but not met any so far!
Mon 06/10/08 at 13:15
Regular
"I like turtles"
I love my 360 and reckon its the best value console ever.The only thing that does wind me up on it from time to time are the total n**heads that I keep bumping into on Xbox live.Somedays I'm just not in the mood for them,but thats probably just a sign of getting old!.
Mon 06/10/08 at 13:10
Regular
"THFC"
yea you did actually tell me to get it pb - and thanks to you and everyone else who helped me get the info i need and then buy the xbox!

It is a satisfying feeling knowing that i can pick up any xbox or ps3 title i want. Really looking forward to getting some games in the near future!
Mon 06/10/08 at 12:02
"possibly impossible"
Hah, Well I DID tell you to get both! :D

I couldn't do without any of my consoles, the Wii is great for pick-up-and-play games, as well as having some strong franchise games (no matter what some of the so-called hardcore fans say, they know nothing!) The 360 has a great range of games and the benefit of really cheap AAA titles as it's been out longer.

The PS3 is now, at least, picking up and getting the sequels to some of these such as Dead Rising 2 as well as slowly building up it's own niche with more Japanese style games, but as you say the RPG fan just isn't as well catered for at the moment.
Mon 06/10/08 at 11:07
Regular
"THFC"
I have been playing games for as long as i can recall, and i love when you find a game that you get excited about playing. You know the ones i mean, your at school or work or wherever it may be, and you just want to get home and play the game.

It feels that as i get older, this happens less and the games just get played for a bit then discarded for a newer version of something similair. I had a playstation 3 pretty soon after launch as i have been a big fan of sony and the games they produce. Never really gave the Xbox a look, until recently when i went out and purchased one. All i can say is that its great. For the price they are now they provide so much entertainment and they appear to be growing even stronger.

The great thing about picking one up now is that i get all the old games to go back and play at a good price. I am not taking anything from Sony and i will keep my playstation until the ps4, but having an Xbox aswell now gives me the best option for games. No longer will i be swearing that an "exclusive" game is out of reach. I can play pretty much any game i want to.

I picked up Halo 3 at the weekend, and i had played number 2 before at a friends and found it enjoyable, but it is the first FPS which i want to play the campaign mode, and complete it. Normally i just want to play Online, but Halo makes me want to do both, and i don't have enough time to do it all! I really think the Xbox is the best purchase i have made in a while. But i have never heard anyone really talk up a lot of these games. Maybe because i did not have an Xbox i ignored the topics, or the reviews of games i was unable to play. But i have to strongly recommend that anyone without an Xbox splashed for one this Christmas. £130 you can pick up this piece of kit and Fifa 09 i think, and it will be money well spent.

I don't want to be seen to have left my Playstation, but for now, the games coming out are mainly on the Xbox, with tons of RPGS keeping me busy. Sony need to start spending some more money or they may loose customers. If you can afford it then why not have both as you have the best option for games. But if someone said to me one or the other, i would probably have to say Xbox at the moment.

Even while i write this i just want to get home and play on Fifa and Halo, and i am sure there are more games that i will pick up soon that do this same thing to me!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.