GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hmmm... 28 days later..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/11/02 at 10:00
Regular
Ok, saw this the other day. And it was entertaining. Riddled with obvious plot-holes, and it's totally unoriginal, but it does enough to keep you watching, and wondering what is going to happen etc.

Now, I didn't think this film was scary. It's very similar in a way to Night of the Living Dead, which was far scarier. Neither did I think it was particularly "jumpy". The only point which made me jump was the car alarm going off near the start.

So, a fairly average film, with nothing new, nothing scary and nothing outstanding. That's my opinion of the film.

And yet...

I'm losing sleep over it.

The last two nights I've been kept up thinking about the film. Blood red eyes. People being hunted and killed by other people. Rage. Almost like I'm paranoid that the "infected" will break down my door while I'm sleeping. I spent about an hour on saturday night assessing my options for defending myself should an infected person break in. The more I thought about that, the more disturbed I became. I was tempted to go to the kitchen, and bring the biggest knife I could find into the bedroom and leave it under my pillow. Doubt the girlfriend would have been impressed though.

Though I'm hardly what you might call "terrified", I think the after-effect of this film makes it all worthwhile. It's nothing special in and of itself, but I'm glad I saw it.
Fri 29/11/02 at 15:23
WHAT MAKES THIS FILM REALLY GOOD IS THAT IT IS FILMED IN UK and has an english cast...

hey forget hollywood we got granada studios lmao
Fri 29/11/02 at 11:47
Regular
"cachoo"
Hey!! Thanks for the little review there, I definately wanna go see this film now, just to give it a chance... anyone actually like it?
Mon 25/11/02 at 17:25
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
I really wanna see this. The only film that has scared me before was the trailer for Independence Day, when I was 7 or 8. Then I saw it and thought it was rubbish. What usually effects me more is tension, which freaked me out in Se7en. And in Groundhog Day.....

Eeesh.
Mon 25/11/02 at 11:46
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Apparently I had a nightmare about this, even though I've not seen it.
Mon 25/11/02 at 10:16
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Bang on with that review.
It's not the best film ever made, but it does the job and leaves some images.

The Infected running full-pelt across a lawn whilst you frantically try to lock the doors.
*shudder*
Mon 25/11/02 at 10:00
"Darkness, always"
Ok, saw this the other day. And it was entertaining. Riddled with obvious plot-holes, and it's totally unoriginal, but it does enough to keep you watching, and wondering what is going to happen etc.

Now, I didn't think this film was scary. It's very similar in a way to Night of the Living Dead, which was far scarier. Neither did I think it was particularly "jumpy". The only point which made me jump was the car alarm going off near the start.

So, a fairly average film, with nothing new, nothing scary and nothing outstanding. That's my opinion of the film.

And yet...

I'm losing sleep over it.

The last two nights I've been kept up thinking about the film. Blood red eyes. People being hunted and killed by other people. Rage. Almost like I'm paranoid that the "infected" will break down my door while I'm sleeping. I spent about an hour on saturday night assessing my options for defending myself should an infected person break in. The more I thought about that, the more disturbed I became. I was tempted to go to the kitchen, and bring the biggest knife I could find into the bedroom and leave it under my pillow. Doubt the girlfriend would have been impressed though.

Though I'm hardly what you might call "terrified", I think the after-effect of this film makes it all worthwhile. It's nothing special in and of itself, but I'm glad I saw it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.