GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy XIII - A multi-platform game"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy XIII'.
Sun 05/10/08 at 14:47
Regular
Are there any other PS3 owners out there kinda ticked off with Square Enix putting Final Fantasy XIII on the Xbox 360 and the PC? I understand that it is a good thing from a financial point of view for them but it's not right Playstation 3 has very view exculsive titles and even less decent ones. When deciding what 7th gen to get i chose a PS3 over the 360 and Wii only because of the call of Final Fantasy. I guess we still get Final Fantasy Versus XIII but still. Is there any one else feeling what I'm feeling?
Sun 05/10/08 at 16:00
Regular
I understand where your coming from garin but look at Metal Gear Solid 4 they stayed exculsive even though having their games multi-platform in the past. But the main reason why Final Fantasy went from nintendo is because of storage issues so we will have the same problem fitting FFXIII on 360 DL-DVDs. In fact one of the reasons why Metal Gear Solid 4 wasn't on the 360 is because they say it would of been over 3/4 discs. Blue Dragon a 360 exculsive is over 3 discs and Microsoft are complaining about extra disc costs. So I think that Mircosoft should stay with their Blue Dragons and Mass Effects and Sony should keep Final Fantasy. We should keep star ocean too but thats another argument.
Sun 05/10/08 at 15:51
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I think as time goes on the gap between 360 exclusives and PS3 exclusives will widen in terms of quality as devs start to get to grips with the Core processor.

LittleBigPlanet is probably the current shining example of something that can be done on the PS3 that I can't imagine on the 360.

Oddly, I went the other way this generation, having been a PS and PS2 owner I switched to XBox to sample Live (which converted me instantly) then when the choice between 360 and PS3 came along I had to weigh up missing out on MGS4, GT5, FFXIII and Blu-Ray against sampling a bunch of games I'd never played before and the strange fact that the 360 had a lot of very decent RPGs in the works (my genre) compared to PS3, it was just a stroke of luck for me the 360 got FFXIII too.

PS3 is gradually building up a portfolio of what I would consider 'console sellers' that can't be had anywhere else (LBP, MGS4, Wipeout HD) but as long as top quality cross-platform games keep getting released (FIFA '09, Saints Row 2 etc) I can't justify the expenditure. I've promised myself a PS3 when they get to 10 'must have' titles.

If Activision-Blizzard released World of Warcraft exclusively on the PS3 that's the sort of thing that would make me trade in the 360 (after I'd finished Fable 2). I can't see it happening, if they did release to console they'd surely go multi-platform. On the other hand Sony Online Entertainment are starting to say the right things when it comes to bringing MMORPG experiences to the PS3, a next-gen version of EverQuest Online Adventures would again have me trading in the 360 regardless of Fable 2.

As it stands at present, the PS3 is still a couple of years away for me, but I'm expecting it to be a very attractive proposition by then regardless of what Microsoft do in the meantime.
Sun 05/10/08 at 15:19
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
JBrandy wrote:
> I understand that it is a good thing from a financial point
> of view for them but it's not right Playstation 3 has very view
> exculsive titles and even less decent ones.

Isnt this Sony's problem rather than Square-Enix though? Its not their responsibility to make sure the platform has enough decent exclusives. In fact reading the statements from Sony at the time, it looks like there was an opportunity to keep it exclusive but they decided not to. So if you want to point fingers, Sony's direction might be more appropriate.

I think reality now is if it was third party and exclusive to Sony then sooner or later it'll be multi-platform. Sony have signalled they prefer to direct their resources towards internal development and Microsoft have made it clear they'll buy the kitchen sink if its available.
Sun 05/10/08 at 14:47
Regular
Are there any other PS3 owners out there kinda ticked off with Square Enix putting Final Fantasy XIII on the Xbox 360 and the PC? I understand that it is a good thing from a financial point of view for them but it's not right Playstation 3 has very view exculsive titles and even less decent ones. When deciding what 7th gen to get i chose a PS3 over the 360 and Wii only because of the call of Final Fantasy. I guess we still get Final Fantasy Versus XIII but still. Is there any one else feeling what I'm feeling?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.