GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Graphic images on cigarette packets"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/10/08 at 15:47
Regular
BBC Article

They just launched them today. So what do you think? Will they make a difference? Will they discourage smokers to give up or are they more likely to put off young kids from picking up the habit?

They had these images on packets in Singapore and it shocked me when I first saw them. So every time I went into a 7/11 I would have to look away when I bought my bottles of water.

I wonder what it will be like now in Tescos and WHSmith, where they have all those packets lovingly on display behind the counters. It'll be quite off putting to pick up a paper and have them right in front of me.

Anyway I think its a good idea to have them. It wont put off everyone especially a lot of heavy smokers, but I do think it will discourage a lot of young people not to smoke.
Wed 01/10/08 at 18:14
Regular
I never did understand why alcohol gets off so lightly compared to cigarettes.
They should just legalise weed and let me get on with my life.
Wed 01/10/08 at 16:35
"possibly impossible"
Find out what the most masculine cigarette is and make the packet pink with big flowers.

Probably not likely to stop many people, but works better than the 'cool death picture' idea!
Wed 01/10/08 at 16:11
Regular
"eat toast!"
it won't make a damn difference. few smokers will change their tune if death, manhood, passive smoke not damn good reasons to stop these people smoking nothing will.

Just up the taxes for them. Oh and corner the black market as well...
Wed 01/10/08 at 15:56
Regular
Were you watching the Wright Stuff this morning? As they were saying exactly that. :P
Wed 01/10/08 at 15:56
Regular
"THFC"
I think if people want to smoke then they know the daners and what it can do. No one smokes thinking it is good for them.

I used to be a smoker and gave up about 8 months ago. If that was on the packet i would not have cared one bit. Price is the biggest factor. They should just crank the price up and lower it on petrol and beer! lol
Wed 01/10/08 at 15:52
"possibly impossible"
Won't it just be like 'collect the whole set'.

"So, I've got a cancerous lung packet."

"Wow, swap you for the smoking skull packet, I've got two of those."

Apparently, you'll be able to send off to the cigarette companies for the rest if you can't complete your collection...
Wed 01/10/08 at 15:47
Regular
BBC Article

They just launched them today. So what do you think? Will they make a difference? Will they discourage smokers to give up or are they more likely to put off young kids from picking up the habit?

They had these images on packets in Singapore and it shocked me when I first saw them. So every time I went into a 7/11 I would have to look away when I bought my bottles of water.

I wonder what it will be like now in Tescos and WHSmith, where they have all those packets lovingly on display behind the counters. It'll be quite off putting to pick up a paper and have them right in front of me.

Anyway I think its a good idea to have them. It wont put off everyone especially a lot of heavy smokers, but I do think it will discourage a lot of young people not to smoke.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.