GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stupid Comet People"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/11/02 at 17:57
Regular
I've had my hopes set on a Surround Sound DVD System for a while now and I've been searching the web for a good deal. Then a few weeks back, I found one. Not on the web but in a comet magazine thing that came in the local paper. 200 quid for a Goodmans 300 Watt output Home Cinema System.

Great I thought so I went down to Comet and they said you'd have to order it. There's no chance they'd get it in store they said. So I phoned the major Comet place number thingy and they said they weren't available to order yet. Call back in a week or so.

A few days later, I told my mum to pick me up some minidiscs from Comet (same store as before) and what does she see? Yup, the DVD system I want. They suddenly got some in stock. Anyway, she bought it (last one)and took it home. Unfortuantely, when I got home I noticed on the box it said "5x30 watts and 1x50 watt sub-woofer". Now unless my maths is terrible that only adds up to 200, not 300.

So I called up the major comety hotline thing again and asked whether I had the wrong one or whether both their PC in the store and the paper were wrong. Their answer? "Nah, sorry mate. Typo."

!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well cheers "mate" and thanks for the "help"! Comet and Currys are the same! Everyone is so goddamm incompetant!! It took the guy long enough to understand what I meant by 'watts'!

But I'm keeping it all the same. Still the best deal I've found, even if they are a bunch of retards.
Sat 23/11/02 at 18:48
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Goddammit. My brother just wanted to post a review so I had to log out of my account. Then I posted with his by accident. But that last post was mine, not his.

Now he says go read his review. Episode 2 DVD. He's a fool. As you won't.
Sat 23/11/02 at 18:44
Well it's back with them now anyway. They weren't happy at it being opened but they did take it back.

The guy said I wouldn't find a better deal at this price. I waved my 50 pound off Argos voucher under his nose.

Then.....when I was leaving the store, he jumped on my back. I swivelled round as I was falling and caught his arms. I threw him over me and flipped to my feet but when I turned he was gone. Then about 9 staff members leapt at me and I had to kick a tower of boxes into them. 7 of them were knocked out of the air but 2 of them landed on me and took me to the floor. The first guy was no trouble and I just snapped his neck like that. The second was hugely fat and it took me some time before I wormed free. Then I grabbed the nearest machine gun and shot them all down. It was great fun. MWAHAHAHAHAH!

Hmmm....that last paragraph may have been a dream.
Sat 23/11/02 at 15:47
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Rainier Wolfcastle wrote:
> Check the small print. If they haven't put a getout clause regarding
> typos

Technically they can't have a get-out clause, under he Unfair Contract Terms Act. Unless they've developed something particularly ingenious.
Sat 23/11/02 at 13:16
Regular
"\\"
good for you, i recently had a problem like that... no... wait , that was vottanotor
Sat 23/11/02 at 13:00
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Well I'm taking it back anyway. Not because of the output but because the visual quality is truly dismal. The colours are all washed out and the image isn't very sharp at all. It's just crap.

I'm gonna go for that LG one in Argos. 280 quid for 180 watts. I'm sure that means better picture quality. I get 50 quid off it too so that brings it down to just 230.
Fri 22/11/02 at 23:34
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Indeed Mr wolfcastle speaks the truth. It is in your consumer rights that if a product is advertised at a specific price they are obliged to sell it to you at that price. However it isnt compulsory.
Fri 22/11/02 at 21:44
Regular
"Link to the Future"
Nice deal you got there, Blokey.

*Sniggers in corner*
Fri 22/11/02 at 19:05
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
I never trust high-street electrical stores.

That's why I got my PC from Toys R Us, and it works like a charm...and has a PII 150mhz processor, 32MB of RAM and a 2gig hard drive.
Fri 22/11/02 at 18:16
"...Unicef pennies.."
Check the small print. If they haven't put a getout clause regarding typos, then you can probably go to the store and demand a 300W goodmans DVD system. As that's what they advertised, that's what they have to sell.

Or some't like that.

:S
Fri 22/11/02 at 18:11
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
It's been added to the web site now too. And guess what? 300 watts!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.