GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stupid insects"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/09/08 at 11:44
Regular
I always want to be a good person and to help those in need, even the little guys. So when I rescued a drowning fly yesterday I was quite proud of myself and was sure the fly was thanking me as he flew away.

Just now I went into a room upstairs and noticed a small moth at the window, trying to break through the glass. So I stepped up, Machie the hero for the little guys. I opened the window and blew gently on the moth to encourage him towards his freedom. Success! He was outside and flying into the sky. He was no longer a prisoner trapped in this room, I had once again saved the day!

Or so I thought. Not long after winning his freedom he flew down onto a fence and got caught in a spiders web. "Damnit!" and before I could attempt a second rescue, a spider leapt on the moth and ended its life. 0_0 By the time I got down the stairs and into the drive way the spider was already spinning the moth up ready for its dinner.

Next time I won't bother.
Mon 15/09/08 at 11:44
Regular
I always want to be a good person and to help those in need, even the little guys. So when I rescued a drowning fly yesterday I was quite proud of myself and was sure the fly was thanking me as he flew away.

Just now I went into a room upstairs and noticed a small moth at the window, trying to break through the glass. So I stepped up, Machie the hero for the little guys. I opened the window and blew gently on the moth to encourage him towards his freedom. Success! He was outside and flying into the sky. He was no longer a prisoner trapped in this room, I had once again saved the day!

Or so I thought. Not long after winning his freedom he flew down onto a fence and got caught in a spiders web. "Damnit!" and before I could attempt a second rescue, a spider leapt on the moth and ended its life. 0_0 By the time I got down the stairs and into the drive way the spider was already spinning the moth up ready for its dinner.

Next time I won't bother.
Mon 15/09/08 at 12:10
"Was the man of marz"
Machie wrote:
> I always want to be a good person and to help those in need, even
> the little guys. So when I rescued a drowning fly yesterday I was
> quite proud of myself and was sure the fly was thanking me as he
> flew away.

I did the opposite; there was this massive brown spider (with mean looking pincers), but it was late, and I couldn’t be bothered going downstairs to let it free so I flushed it down the toilet. A little while later I went for a piddle and it was still there drowning.

A second flush got rid of it.
Mon 15/09/08 at 13:50
"possibly impossible"
Everybody sing... 'It's the ciiiiiirle of liiiiiife...' :D
Mon 15/09/08 at 15:36
Regular
"eat toast!"
oh well, it was destined to die. Either by machies hands or by someone else. I seem to find a lot of moths and spiders entering my home and frankly i'm almost prepared to declare all out war.
Mon 15/09/08 at 15:42
Regular
It was amazing how quickly it all happened. It reminded me of this scene from Azumanga. I had the same shocked face aswell.
Mon 15/09/08 at 15:51
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Hmm i'm always doing stuff like this and then invariably i'm reminded that it's pointless.
Mon 15/09/08 at 17:16
Regular
It probably isn't pointless but I don't really care anyway.
Mon 15/09/08 at 19:23
Regular
"BLOODnTEARS"
trying is doing something some people dont try at all
Mon 15/09/08 at 22:12
Regular
"eat toast!"
Machie wrote:
> It was amazing how quickly it all happened. It reminded me of
> this scene from
> Azumanga.
> I had the same shocked face aswell.

Ah, so you're a fan of azumanga daioh eh? one of my fav anime shows. Especially incredible when its immensely girly stuff, but the humour is fantastic.
Mon 15/09/08 at 22:17
Regular
spoonbeast wrote:
> Ah, so you're a fan of azumanga daioh eh? one of my fav anime
> shows. Especially incredible when its immensely girly stuff, but
> the humour is fantastic.

Yep, I'm the resident anime/manga fan, the only fan of the forum unfortunately. :( Azumanga is great, It's a good one to recommend people who arent too keen on anime, even though it is about 5 teenage school girls ;) Osaka and Miss Yukari are my favourite characters.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.