GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[FILM] Disaster Movie"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/09/08 at 23:08
Regular
"THFC"
Well names of films are normally a good indication to what the film is about, no exception here. In fact the name sells the film short. I went to the cinema and luckily i did not have to pay for what is the worst film i have seen all year. I never expected anything great from the latest in big screen spoofs, but i did hope a few laughs at least, sadly i think i may have slightly chuckled once in the hour of bad acting and poorly written songs.

The lame excuse for a plot basically sees a group of friends trying to escape a city that is going to be destroyed, a bit like cloverfield. Then the spoofs of 10,000 BC, Batman, Iron Man, Hulk and many more good films are thrown in to a mixture of bad directing and annoying jokes that become tiresome very quickly. You will struggle to find anything positive about this film, other than the few scenes where Carmen Electra and several other good looking women are seen in revealing under wear.

While the jokes are predictable and childish, the attempt to throw in some slapstick comedy and toilet humor will see only the younger viewers laugh at this poor attempt at a comedy. Some characters become annoying within the few 20 minutes and i became glad to see many cast members killed off in pathetic ways. While some people may say this is a rather harsh review to my usual style, it really does deserve all the negative things i am saying.

I would say watch it and judge for yourself, but it is not worth the money. If you do have unlimited cards and get to see movies for free, then still don't watch. I have to say it is probably one of the worst films i have ever seen. There are only so many ways to tell you how much i did not enjoy this film, but if you like very childish humor, with terrible jokes and slapstick comedy that you will have seen many times before and probably not even found funny then.

This tedious genre of film will without doubt still be around in a few years, the only reason i will be watching this film again is to see the bikini wrestling scene or to say to the people i am watching it with; "I told you so"

To sum it all up, only watch if you have seen this genre before and found every second hilarious, because this doesn't come close to any Scary Movie film and being a 12A the comedy is tame at best.

Overall 2/10
Fri 12/09/08 at 20:00
Regular
"What's basketball?"
pete_21 wrote:
> Emmie87 wrote:
> Marink wrote:
> This review shows exactly how I feel about Family Guy.
>
> you have upset me, I love Family Guy :'(
>
>
> Family Guy is class.The Star Wars parody was one the funniest
> things of last year,can't compare it to this trash.

I can. I have seen enough episodes of Family Guy to know that it will never even make me chuckle.

I'm more of a South Park fan.
Fri 12/09/08 at 17:27
Regular
"I like turtles"
Emmie87 wrote:
> Marink wrote:
>
> you have upset me, I love Family Guy :'(

Family Guy is class.The Star Wars parody was one the funniest things of last year,can't compare it to this trash.
Fri 12/09/08 at 08:45
Regular
"THFC"
Marink wrote:

you have upset me, I love Family Guy :'(
Thu 11/09/08 at 19:39
Regular
"What's basketball?"
This review shows exactly how I feel about Family Guy.
Wed 10/09/08 at 11:32
"possibly impossible"
As I've said before in a seperate thread, spoofs tend to work better when they don't directly spoof other movies. Airplane, UHF, Kentucy Fried Movie and the Naked Gun series are examples of this.

Hot Shots did provide some spoofs, but mostly indirectly, so that worked, but most films in this genre since then have taken the cheap and easy option of directly mimicing scenes from a movie and changing them slightly, which is a cheap gag, but done many times it just gets tiring.
Tue 09/09/08 at 16:48
Regular
"THFC"
Simian wrote:
> There was a time when the spoof genre was actually funny
> (Airplane and co), now its a sad shadow of itself.
>
>
> If I want to lower my IQ, I'd rather just hit my head against
> the wall - its more of a fun process than watching films like the
> aptly-named Disaster Moive.

lol very true! I am going to watch Rock n Rolla tonight, let's hope it is a bit better!
Tue 09/09/08 at 16:40
Regular
"Opposable thumbs"
There was a time when the spoof genre was actually funny (Airplane and co), now its a sad shadow of itself.

If I want to lower my IQ, I'd rather just hit my head against the wall - its more of a fun process than watching films like the aptly-named Disaster Moive.
Tue 09/09/08 at 15:46
Regular
Emmie87 wrote:
> agreed - hence why my unlimited movie card comes in handy for a
> cheap night, watching a bad film that you get to slate the next
> day! lol
>
> I am sure i heard some people laugh several times, and they
> should be shot!

Touche
Tue 09/09/08 at 15:42
Regular
"THFC"
agreed - hence why my unlimited movie card comes in handy for a cheap night, watching a bad film that you get to slate the next day! lol

I am sure i heard some people laugh several times, and they should be shot!
Tue 09/09/08 at 15:38
Regular
Anyone who has paid to see this movie should be shot. STOP encouraging these bufffons to keep making awful movies ARGH!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.