GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 clunking noise?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 09/12/00 at 22:14
Regular
Hi,

I think I may have a problem with my PS2. When my one game SSX loads up I'm getting rather loud clunking noises from the drive. Is this normal? I've read in some other forums that this could be a defictive drive, has anyone got a similar problem ?
Tue 12/12/00 at 18:34
Regular
Just keep trying, you win eventually. (Usually you`ll win by about 30 seconds once the level "clicks" !!
Tue 12/12/00 at 18:31
I am afraid that even though SSX is an awesome game I just got a bit too fed up with coming in second all the time (Well, after the first couple of tracks anyway).

So I cheated and unlocked all the tracks. This gave me a chance to play untracked which is awesome. BUT it also ruined the game so I have swapped it now. Be warned!!!
Tue 12/12/00 at 18:26
Regular
richard, for the pipedream course there is a really easy way to complete it with gold.
1) Go straight down the course, and at the penultimate jump make sure you reach the Red snowflake. If you get it, and land a good jump, this can be worth 50 - 70 thousand points!

2)At the bottom, on the final jump, keep going up the slope, and treating it like a half-pipe, and then go back up the course a short way. Turn around and repeat. Scores of well over 150,000 are easy to get now!
Tue 12/12/00 at 12:00
Might need a new gearbox. Could be a worn clutchplate.

Turn your TV volume up to drown out the noise. The fan seems to cover up laser servo noise too :-)

You know, after playing the Pipedream course in SSX, I now know what the "Third Place" is; yet another bleedin' Bronze medal.

(Is the Dreamcast really noisier?)

Richard
Mon 11/12/00 at 23:18
Regular
Hit your PS2??????????
Mon 11/12/00 at 20:25
yup that usually happens when you hit it :)
Sat 09/12/00 at 23:32
Regular
Mine sounded a little loud at first. It seems normal, and also seems to get a lot quieter after 2 weeks of solid play.

Don`t worry, its still quieter than the Dreamcast!
Sat 09/12/00 at 22:14
Hi,

I think I may have a problem with my PS2. When my one game SSX loads up I'm getting rather loud clunking noises from the drive. Is this normal? I've read in some other forums that this could be a defictive drive, has anyone got a similar problem ?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.