GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 SPEC"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 09/12/00 at 21:43
Regular
the prosessor is the second slowest in the console war.
only 1 texture @ a time
game cube and xbox have far better speck. i know you are all gonna
say the n64 had a better spec than ps1 and people prefferd ps1 but
anyone who has played a ps2 (me included) will know that the grapics and game play are good but no better than the dreamcasts and that came out 2 smeggin years ago. if you wate a year all the console will be out and at about the same price so you can make you mind up for youself. if you look at it without taking sides the best console is the xbox it has 150 games developers. game cube is second best as thay have sqaresoft and many more,closely followed by playstation. the dreamcast is out of it now. i think seaga are dead.
Sat 06/09/08 at 12:09
Regular
There will be a BBQ at Heywood Road after the Sale FC v Wigan game.

Everyone welcome.
Mon 11/12/00 at 08:43
Anyone who has played SSX would probably agree you couldn't get them graphics on any other available console
Sun 10/12/00 at 13:27
Regular
I know what you mean, I didn`t wake up `till 12:30!
Sun 10/12/00 at 13:27
Regular
Sorry, it's still early. : )

Third FASTEST.
Sun 10/12/00 at 13:25
Regular
That would be third fastest, unless you are saying PSX and N64 are more powerful?!?
Sun 10/12/00 at 13:24
Regular
The PSX vs N64 thing proved that Sony are capable of putting the best overall package together even if they aren`t the best in individual areas. So it probably won`t matter if later consoles are a little more powerful, because they still don`t have Sony`s ability to produce the best overall games package.

Also, how do you know the X-bax and Gamecube are going to be exactly what Microsoft/Nintendo say they will be. Things could change, or they might totally mess up, you can`t tell yet.
Sun 10/12/00 at 13:24
Regular
PS2 has the third lowest processor, behind Gamecube, THEN X-Box, believe it or not.

But then, as you said, speed matters not.
Sun 10/12/00 at 00:57
"High polygon count"
> the best console is the xbox it has 150 games developers.

And Sony have over 300, including many - if not all - that will also develop for Xbox, and of course other platforms.
Sat 09/12/00 at 23:38
Regular
These are early games, wait for titles such as Wipeout Fusion, The Bouncer, ZOE etc..., then the DC will really look its age!

Also, you said it yourself that the PSX decked N64 with lower grade specs, so PS2`ll probably do the same to other Next-Gen consoloes.
Sat 09/12/00 at 21:43
the prosessor is the second slowest in the console war.
only 1 texture @ a time
game cube and xbox have far better speck. i know you are all gonna
say the n64 had a better spec than ps1 and people prefferd ps1 but
anyone who has played a ps2 (me included) will know that the grapics and game play are good but no better than the dreamcasts and that came out 2 smeggin years ago. if you wate a year all the console will be out and at about the same price so you can make you mind up for youself. if you look at it without taking sides the best console is the xbox it has 150 games developers. game cube is second best as thay have sqaresoft and many more,closely followed by playstation. the dreamcast is out of it now. i think seaga are dead.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.