GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Whoeey."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/11/02 at 22:55
Regular
That's what I said when my IT teacher, a rather large man who doesn't bother to shave during the holidays, gave me 41 out of 100 for my IT Coursework which consisted of 70-odd pages of hard work.

"Oh, you haven't annotated this either."

"Ah, right, well there was so much to do that-"

"And why didn't you print this in colour?"

"The whole school doesn't have a colour printe-"

"Anyway, you need to EXPLAIN why you've chosen these pictures of the school."

"Because they're the only ones you can choose from-"

"And if you do this, then we can bring your mark up into the sixties."

Okay, well how do I get into the bloody eighties then?

We've already complained about this guy four times. I let a mate of mine copy a small part of the coursework, and he gave me 6 out of 10, and gave my mate 8 out of 10.

And now I have till Christmas to annotate 70-odd pages. Whoeey.

Oh, and I've spent literally the whole of today finishing my Maths Coursework, which is around 25 pages of graphs, tables and explanations. It's in for tuesday, and I haven't even finished yet. And brilliantly, all this work goes towards TEN PERCENT of my final mark. A total waste of time then.

I mean, why so much? History coursework goes towards around 30% of my final mark and it's only about 15 pages at the very most, over two different pieces. And I prefer History to Maths.

Back to the IT for a moment. During a theory lesson the other day, he was relating money to some computer system or something, and he was talking about shillings and old forms of money. My friend asked him why we got rid of the old forms of currency, and he replied:

"C'mon Ross, I don't want to go off on a tangent."

A couple of minutes later, in the middle of discussing types of input...

"I have an Uncle. He must be about eighty now."

So while he basks in his own ignorance, I should be enjoying the weeks upto Christmas and no doubt the fortnight during Christmas completing lots of IT coursework to up my grade from a "low C" to a "high C" or maybe, juuust maybe, a "LOW B!!"

And I was hoping for an A.

Ooooh yes, and I have to take time out from playing football at lunch to go see my Head of Year about the science coursework that THEY HAVE LOST because I moved up a set.

That reminds me, one last point. A friend of mine, Dave Preston his name is, gave his IT Coursework in a fortnight early. So he was quite surprised when, a couple of weeks ago, Mr I-Have-An-Uncle-But-Don't-Want-To-Go-Off-On-A-Tangent came up to him and said, "David, you haven't handed your coursework in yet."

Dave protested, but he was told that "I've looked all through the box I keep the coursework in and it's definitely not there."

Two days later...

"Ah, David, I found your coursework."

"Oh, where was it?"

"In the box with the rest of them."
Mon 11/11/02 at 12:37
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Pandemonium wrote:
> Another student, after answering two questions but since he made a
> better job of it got 98 out of 100. The running joke is that he spelt
> his name wrong and dropped 2 marks.

Thank God he didn't have a middle name.
Mon 11/11/02 at 11:12
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
I hate the amount of work involded in some subjects.
I'm at uni part time and in my final year (year 5!). I just wish the endless slog would finish.
One particlar unit was advanced database which consisted of 4 areas, each one could have been a unit in itself. It was fantasically difficult to do but we got away with it because they messed up the year before, and heavily weighted the final marks.
I got 78 out of 100 just by answering one and a half questions out of three, then walking out of the exam in utter disgust.

Another student, after answering two questions but since he made a better job of it got 98 out of 100. The running joke is that he spelt his name wrong and dropped 2 marks.

Another post here mentions teachers that suck. Well on this unit we had 2 teachers who's first language wasn't English. A heavily accented asian guy and a heavilt accented greek guy, who also was really softly spoken.
The concepts were difficult enough to understand without having difficulty understanding their speech. Add to this the overcrowded lecture theaters (people standing for two hours) and equipment that doesnt work (I've had 3 assignments scrubbed by uni machines)

Its really bad when you want to do well, but circumstances beyond your control prevent you doing so.

Sorry for the rant, but I feel a lot better now ;)
Mon 11/11/02 at 10:38
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Our sixth form screwed us for IT - ask Snuggly. It was so boring and they never taught us anything relevant, so I never bothered showing up and failed. I know a couple of people who are both at Uni now doing incredible things with computing and they both left the sixth form with lower grades than they deserved - One was estimated an A and got a C.
Sun 10/11/02 at 23:10
Regular
"That's right!"
Coursework was a joke in English, because we knew we could get away with it, EVERYONE handed them in late, even the swotty kids. For my piece on Elvis in history, they kept bugging me to hand it in, then suddenly stopped, thinking I'd handed it in. Almost two weeks went by before they realised I still hadn't done it, heh. I eventually handed it in, and scored terribly on it, which was why I got a D for GCSE history... not doing coursework is bad, m'kay?
Sun 10/11/02 at 23:04
Regular
"I like cheese"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> "It's in for tuesday, and I haven't even finished yet"
>
> You say that like it's a bad thing. I've worked on coursework the
> morning of the day it was due in, I've handed in coursework up to two
> months late, I've not handed in certain pieces of coursework at ALL.
> Not having it done now, when you have until Tuesday is no big deal

Heh, you're right actually. But my Maths teacher is strict on deadlines, very strict.

BUT, for other lessons you'd be right. I've done four bits of English, some of which were due in mid last year, and people are still giving them in now.
Sun 10/11/02 at 23:01
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
70 pages? I don't do that much work in an entire year.
Sun 10/11/02 at 22:59
Regular
"That's right!"
Some teachers are truly hopeless, and our educations suffer because of it

"It's in for tuesday, and I haven't even finished yet"

You say that like it's a bad thing. I've worked on coursework the morning of the day it was due in, I've handed in coursework up to two months late, I've not handed in certain pieces of coursework at ALL. Not having it done now, when you have until Tuesday is no big deal
Sun 10/11/02 at 22:55
Regular
"I like cheese"
That's what I said when my IT teacher, a rather large man who doesn't bother to shave during the holidays, gave me 41 out of 100 for my IT Coursework which consisted of 70-odd pages of hard work.

"Oh, you haven't annotated this either."

"Ah, right, well there was so much to do that-"

"And why didn't you print this in colour?"

"The whole school doesn't have a colour printe-"

"Anyway, you need to EXPLAIN why you've chosen these pictures of the school."

"Because they're the only ones you can choose from-"

"And if you do this, then we can bring your mark up into the sixties."

Okay, well how do I get into the bloody eighties then?

We've already complained about this guy four times. I let a mate of mine copy a small part of the coursework, and he gave me 6 out of 10, and gave my mate 8 out of 10.

And now I have till Christmas to annotate 70-odd pages. Whoeey.

Oh, and I've spent literally the whole of today finishing my Maths Coursework, which is around 25 pages of graphs, tables and explanations. It's in for tuesday, and I haven't even finished yet. And brilliantly, all this work goes towards TEN PERCENT of my final mark. A total waste of time then.

I mean, why so much? History coursework goes towards around 30% of my final mark and it's only about 15 pages at the very most, over two different pieces. And I prefer History to Maths.

Back to the IT for a moment. During a theory lesson the other day, he was relating money to some computer system or something, and he was talking about shillings and old forms of money. My friend asked him why we got rid of the old forms of currency, and he replied:

"C'mon Ross, I don't want to go off on a tangent."

A couple of minutes later, in the middle of discussing types of input...

"I have an Uncle. He must be about eighty now."

So while he basks in his own ignorance, I should be enjoying the weeks upto Christmas and no doubt the fortnight during Christmas completing lots of IT coursework to up my grade from a "low C" to a "high C" or maybe, juuust maybe, a "LOW B!!"

And I was hoping for an A.

Ooooh yes, and I have to take time out from playing football at lunch to go see my Head of Year about the science coursework that THEY HAVE LOST because I moved up a set.

That reminds me, one last point. A friend of mine, Dave Preston his name is, gave his IT Coursework in a fortnight early. So he was quite surprised when, a couple of weeks ago, Mr I-Have-An-Uncle-But-Don't-Want-To-Go-Off-On-A-Tangent came up to him and said, "David, you haven't handed your coursework in yet."

Dave protested, but he was told that "I've looked all through the box I keep the coursework in and it's definitely not there."

Two days later...

"Ah, David, I found your coursework."

"Oh, where was it?"

"In the box with the rest of them."

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.