GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"THE BIG QUIZ!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/09/08 at 14:04
Regular
"Mooching around"
***THIS QUIZ IS NOW CLOSED[/B]***

Here it is! The Big Quiz with a staggering [B]100
questions, 12 players and 9 teams and [B] one free prize of a �30 GAD to the winning team![/B]

Hopefully you should all know the rules by now, but if you want to refresh yourself feel free to check the rules thread here, and a detail thread on how to answer each section here.

ALL ANSWERS MUST BE SENT TO "[email protected]"[/B]

You can check yours, your teams, or other members results on this thread.

Well, not much left to say except good luck and enjoy!

[B]Round One
- The News Round

1) Recently married the bassist to the american band Fall Out Boy, name Pete Wentz wife.

2) What car company has recently announced that they will be launching an all-new, super-exclusive coupe codenamed the One-77 at a price tag of £1.2 million.

3) What celebrity at the launch party for a new fragrance failed to be able to spell the product's name?

4) More rubbish marriage stories now :) Name Jennifer Aniston's soon to be husband.

5) It was recently fasely alleged that The Duke of Edinburgh was diagnosed with what serious illness?

6) What car company has annouced that will be making their new range of cars noiser to make it safer for pedstrians?

7) What actor is to play former South African president Nelson Mandela in the forthcoming film The Human Factor?

8) An eccentric millionaire has put his entire life up for sale on the Internet, name that millionaire!

9) Madonna recently released a new album, entitled what?

10) Which "hot" celebrity released a rather amusing video concerning John McCain's campaign advertisement?

---------------

Round Two - The General "General Knowledge" Round

1) Which TV presenter and interviewer received the Enigma decoding machine in the post after it had been stolen?

2) What 1980s toys metamorphosed from vehicles into robots?

3) What do fitness freaks abbreviate to BMI?

4) What three letter name was given to the European currency before euro became accepted?

5) What is the purpose of the red button in the centre of a standard, household smoke detector?

6) Which area of London houses the Science Museum?

7) Which was the first mass-produced game-playing console with built-in hard drive and internet capabilities?

8) Which founder member of Roxy Music composed the itty-bitty-ditty which played when Windows '95 booted up?

9) What was installed in 1838 that was more coomon in British cars than British houses in 2003?

10) What colour Catseyes indicate a police-only slip-road?

---------------

Round Three - The Pot Luck Round

1) Who, in 1988, became the first British boxer to regain a world title for than 70 years?

2) Which European principality boasts the world's shortest national coastline?

3) Who returned to Eastenders with the words: 'Ello Princess after apparently being shot by a bunch of daffodils some years earlier?

4) Which playwright resigned as President of the Czech and Slovak Federal Republic in 1992?

5) What gas should have lifted the 2003 failed UK attempt on the balloon altitude record?

6) Who, in 1985, became the first German, the first unseeded and the youngest player ever to win a Wimbledon Men's Singles tournament?

7) What metal gave Argentina its name?

8) What's the surname of the twins Mary-Kate and Ashley?

9) Who was next Labour leader after Neil Kinnock?

10) How did Helen Sharman rise to fame?

---------------

Round Four - The Pyramid Round

1)The film Saving Private Ryan was released in what year?

2)Name the final two contenders for Presidency of America

3)Name the three different varients of the new, and possibly final, instalment of final fantasy

4)Name the four companies with the largest share hold in opticial services

---------------

Round Five - The "I'll Have a P Please, Bob!" Round

1) To precipertate profusely - RCAD

2) To signify extreme ease - EAP

3) To show arrival at the last moment - ITNOT

4) To signify extreme annoyance - DMUTW

5) To show a need to work alone or in smaller groups - TMCSTB

6) The recent album released from UK Band Coldplay - VLVODAAHF (long but easy one :))

7) The second mass released album from band Muse - OOS

8) Cockney rhyming slang for phone - DAB

9) A form of picture output on TVs and Moniters - LCD

10) A distribution of linux operating System in the Ubuntu series - GG

---------------

Round Six - The Movie Stills Round

Click here for a link to an album with the movie stills in. Take caution as question 10 follows second after question 1
---------------

Round Seven - The Music Round

1) Question 1

2) Question 2

3) Question 3

4) Question 4

5) Question 5

6) Question 6

7) Question 7

8) Question 8

9) Question 9

10) Question 10

---------------

Round Eight - The Build Your Answer Round

1) Which metropolitan borough in South Yorkshire, England, is so named because of its origins in a field on the River Sheaf that runs through the city?

2) Which rare radioactive, metallic chemical element has the atomic number 94?

3) Which part of the body can be divided into two areas: the capilary zone and the ciliary zone?

4) What animal family has the latin name canis lupus familiaris?

5) The common term for the largest single cell in the human species?

6) Name the slave character in a fairy tale of the same name that originated in Germany, who was able to spin straw into gold?

7) An insect closely related to the butterfly but mostly nocturnal.

8) In the video game Final Fantasty X, name the Aeon used by Seymour Guado?

9) Name the country whose capital city is Amsterdam.

10) Using your answers from 1-9: Name the lead actor of this film.

---------------

Round Nine - The Famous People Round

1) Born 23rd June 1894, died 28th May 1972 - A son of King George V.

2) Born 7th November 1867, died July 4th 1934 - a pioneer in the field of radioactivity, the only person honored with Nobel Prizes in two different sciences

3) Born April 4th, 1979, died January 22nd 2008 - worked as an actor, producer and director of music videos, he also aspired to be a film director.

4) Born October 12th 1935, died September 6th 2007 - World-famous opera singer.

5) Born 25th September 1929, died 3rd October 2005 - an English actor and well respected comedian.

6) Baptised April 26th 1564, died April 23rd 1616 - widely regarded as the greatest writer in the English Language.

7) Born in May of 1265 and died 13th September 1321 - and Italian Poet and writer of the Divinia Commedia (The Devine Comedy)

8) Born 1st February 1901 and died 16th November 1960 - was an iconic American actor and had the nickname "The King of Hollywood".

9) Born February 12th, 1809 and died April 15th, 1865 - Was president March 4, 1861 – April 15, 1865.

10) Born 30th November 1874 and died 24th January 1965 - Was Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.

---------------

And Finally, Round Ten - The Numbers Round

1) How many Polos do you find in a standard pack of Polos?

2) How many bits are in one byte?

3) In a regular board of Monopoly, how many diferent colour housing groups are there?

4) What is the reccomended daily allowance of calories for the average man?

5) What is the seventh prime number?

6) How many zeros are in the number one million in digit form?

7) How many different categories do you find in a game of Trivial Pursuit?

8) What number is represented by the letter L in Roman Numerals?

9) To the nearest day, how many days are there in 4 years?

10) Now you have you numbers, what is, when rounded down to the nearest digit, the mean of all the numbers?

---------------

Well that's it :) I hope you enjoyed and didn't find it too long :P remember to email your answers in! Any posts of answers here will be deleted and the user frowned upon :)

You can check yours, your teams, or other members results on this thread.
Sat 06/09/08 at 12:28
Regular
"Mooching around"
Re-uploaded movie stills round. :)
Thu 04/09/08 at 17:59
Regular
Use something other than Imageshack it's tempermental at the best of times. Maybe one that'll let you have an album view?
Thu 04/09/08 at 15:57
Regular
"Mooching around"
jubbachainsaw wrote:
> Hello Reaper, hardly any of the movie stills are working

Ah, nuts. OK, I'll just re-upload them. Shouldn't take too long, thanks for the info jubba.
Thu 04/09/08 at 13:38
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
Hello Reaper, hardly any of the movie stills are working
Tue 02/09/08 at 01:19
Regular
"Mooching around"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Machie wrote:
> oops
>
> Pft who's gonna find out?

No one :) So go ahead if you wish.

> Either way I've not used one so even if I have miraculously got
> the numbers right to begin with I imagine I did the mean wrong.
> Can I get a point for being able to work out what it is anyway I
> think I deserve one.

I'll give you credit for it :P and maybe accept it as a tiebreaker.

> Nearly finished anyway! Just taking a break and I'll go through
> the ones I skipped and so on. I've done rubbish but that's not
> why I'm TEAM AWESOME

Looking forward to your answers! :D
Tue 02/09/08 at 00:46
Regular
Machie wrote:
> oops

Pft who's gonna find out? You probably can though I imagine, it's not stupidly hard to do the mean/days thing but I would guess it's the answer that matters, not how you got there.

Either way I've not used one so even if I have miraculously got the numbers right to begin with I imagine I did the mean wrong. Can I get a point for being able to work out what it is anyway I think I deserve one.

Nearly finished anyway! Just taking a break and I'll go through the ones I skipped and so on. I've done rubbish but that's not why I'm TEAM AWESOME
Tue 02/09/08 at 00:28
Regular
oops
Tue 02/09/08 at 00:27
Regular
Cheeers
Tue 02/09/08 at 00:19
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I would think not
Tue 02/09/08 at 00:02
Regular
Hallo!

Are we allowed to use calculators?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.