GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Clock on my PC"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/12/00 at 00:17
Regular
Can anyone out there please help as i am going mad. Every time I swith off my pc the date and time is frozen therefore when I turn it on I have to reset them both. Can someone please tell me how to sort this.
Fri 08/12/00 at 00:17
Can anyone out there please help as i am going mad. Every time I swith off my pc the date and time is frozen therefore when I turn it on I have to reset them both. Can someone please tell me how to sort this.
Fri 15/12/00 at 15:23
Regular
Are you switching off at the wall or removing the plug as this can make a difference, or buy a clock to put by your PC
Wed 27/12/00 at 00:58
How old is your PC?

It may be the CMOS Battery (a small battery on your motherboard a bit like a watch battery) that has gone. This would firts manifest itselff by losing the date and time and would then spread to all CMOS settings.

Just my thoughts!!
Mon 01/09/08 at 10:27
Regular
Hi-de-ho neighbourinos. Sorry for the lack of updates on the site. I don't know how many people will think to check here but I'm going to explain because this is the only place I have access to at the moment.

My laptop is officially messed up.

Some of you may know I've had a lot of problems with my laptop in the past, and this is everything coming down at once. I'll tell you some of the problems:

1: My screen is faulty. This was my first indicator of a problem! Basically for a while I had to have my laptop closed during start-up or it just wouldn't display correctly. It would shrink the screen, pixels would be copied down the bottom, randomly turn of the backlight. But only if I didn't start the laptop up closed over. Turns out, that was a temporary cure. Wierd huh?

2: My touch pad (the mouse on a laptop) is now officially broken. Wont work. Peroid. I use it to draw the comic so this is probably the biggest problem.

3: Sometimes my computer wont let me access my site via FTP. When I enter the correct details, it keeps telling me they're incorrect, and the only solution seems to be to wait a couple of hours. No idea why this is.

It needs to get fixed. So I'll have to send it back. The bad thing about this is that I have no way of updating. My only access to anything is at work, and due to blocked sites, I can't let anyone know any other way.

Temporary solution is that Jonathan is going to update his bit for a while whilst I send my laptop away to get fixed.

I'll keep you guys up to date with details. Sorry about this.

Problems problems problems.

-Adam
Sat 10/01/09 at 00:31
Regular
did you try restarting it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.