GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Check your Ram!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/12/00 at 23:12
Regular
Check your Ram before your PC warranty runs out!

I got a Time PC and when I got it I didn't really care how much Ram I had cos it was a new PC and should be able to play new games.

Now it's almost 3 years old and the warranty has run out! I win Command & Conquer from SPecial REserve and it turns out that it runs so slow cos I haven't got enough Ram!

I was confused by this because the game needs 64mb Ram to work and that's what I was told I had.

So I checked and it turns out I am phisically missing 5mb Ram! I have only 59 Mb Ram instead of 60 and it's too late tocomplain to Time cos my warranty has run out!

Doh!

So remember, wherever you buy your PC check how much Ram you have!

If you want to know how just ask and I'll tell you.
Fri 08/12/00 at 16:20
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Text, Real, Date and Bullien so there you go!
Fri 08/12/00 at 16:15
Regular
Text, err... hyperlink, currency, um... Long integer?
Thu 07/12/00 at 22:30
Regular
What are you doing?
Thu 07/12/00 at 22:27
Regular
"not dead"
Do you mean field types, such as boolean (true or false) etc?
Thu 07/12/00 at 22:24
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Name 4 field names and their uses in a database!

INTERGER = WHOLE NUMBERS

There is another 4!
Thu 07/12/00 at 22:23
Regular
"Excommunicated"
And also to fantasymeister!
Thu 07/12/00 at 22:22
Regular
"Excommunicated"
And the two marks go to §UÇA
Thu 07/12/00 at 22:22
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Graphical User Interface, where you click on an icon to pass a command to your computer rather than type in a command directly.

GUI also decribes a lot of keyboards after a certain period of use by many individuals.
Thu 07/12/00 at 22:21
Regular
"not dead"
graphical User Interface.
Pretty self explanatory.
Thu 07/12/00 at 22:19
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Thats all that was offered and I got it correct, got another one what does GUI stand for and what does it mean (I think it was that).

I failed a question about databases I wish I revised that!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.