GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Region 1 Mallrats"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 05/11/02 at 12:08
Regular
Superb for the features, as per usual with Smith movies.
The "Mallrats: What went wrong" feature with Smith etc talking about how the movie bombed. Best/Worst bit? Hearing how the studio hated Jason Mewes and didnt want him to play Jay. They wanted the kid that plays Dr Evil's son in Austin Powers.
They refused to pay Mewes during rehearsal, wouldn't pay for him to stay in Minneapolis (Smith paid for him to stay in his room) and refused to pay for Mewes to fly to Sundance. They told Smith "ok, if we dont like him after a week we're pulling him out or you lose your financing"
Luckily, after they saw the dailies they loved him.
So Mewes almost wasn't in any more Smith movies.

Deleted scenes rule, you get to see 3 alternate beginnings to the movie.
The released version has TS going to see Brandie and learning of Julie Dwyer dying in the pool etc then heading over to Brodie's place.

The original opening was at a Governor's Ball, where Mr Svenning got funding for his tv station, TS is appearing in a play and gets involved in a comedy entangling with his musket (he's dressed as a Minuteman) and Brandie's hair, the governor's bodyguards think he's trying to assasinate her and a whole bunch of stuff goes off, resulting in CNN chasing TS throughout the movie for an interview with him. TS goes to Brodie's, they go back to Brandie's place and more hilarity ensues with Mr Svenning naked on the lawn with a shotgun being filmed by a local camera crew, all the while Brodie is grinning and being Brodie.

Or 2 different versions of Brodie's monologue that opens the film. One is about his father telling him "my mum had a thing for him going down on her, but he never wanted to. Until one day he did, and right in the middle? Her parents came home. They sat on the couch and her mum was so happy to meet her daughter's boyfriend she kissed him. On the lips. One taste and a whiff later, and he was out the door. My dad always said from that day forth, the most important lesson was "always carry a moist handwipe with you"...my dad was a weird guy"

Only about 25 mins into over an hour's worth of deleted scenes, but Mallrats rules.
Fri 21/02/03 at 19:54
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
CDouch wrote:
> Nah. I was just pointing it out as it seemed you were trying to rub it
> in and be Dr. Bigshot (like normal). Fool.

The way you interpret what I write is your problem, not mine. Get over it.
Fri 21/02/03 at 09:52
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
I see the anger is permeating everywhere today. I feel wasted though...got a raging hangover...

"I'M NOT EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE HERE TODAY!"
Fri 21/02/03 at 09:50
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Nah. I was just pointing it out as it seemed you were trying to rub it in and be Dr. Bigshot (like normal). Fool.
Fri 21/02/03 at 01:15
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
I was aware of that but what do you suggest I do? Visit the friend who gave me it in the morning and shove the gift back down his throat as he only managed to get me a birthday present that I actually wanted and not one that was also totally unique? Fool.
Thu 20/02/03 at 16:58
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Dr Gonzo wrote:
a Viewaskew compliments slip and a signed copy
> of the Mallrats DVD? No? Okay then...

Which can be brought from viewaskew.com...
Thu 20/02/03 at 13:43
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Can I feel special because I saw Mallrats in the cinema when it first came out after seeing ads for it on the back of comic books for months? And for my birthday two years ago I was given a package from a friend that included a Viewaskew compliments slip and a signed copy of the Mallrats DVD? No? Okay then...

Jason Lee = great, Jeremy London = awful. It's a simple enough observation. Commentary on this is probably one of the best, despite the fact it is by far the weakest film. Can't wait to see Jersey Girl, or for my stupid M+S Pasta Bake to finish in the oven...
Wed 19/02/03 at 11:38
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Excellent film, although Clerks is still my favourite.
Wed 19/02/03 at 11:23
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
My stupid Vcr didn't work so I STILL haven't seen it.
Tue 18/02/03 at 19:47
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
I saw the film last night on bbc one. one of the best films I've seen on tv in a while.
I was going to put a quote or something, but pretty much everything was covered in the thread below
Tue 05/11/02 at 23:45
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
to be honest I don't have any of the DVD's EXCEPT Jay and silent bob strike back but I have others on vid.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.