GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Very High Quality Counterfeit Bank Notes"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/08/08 at 22:06
Regular
"I like turtles"
Just to let you guys know you may want to closely check any £20 notes you are given.There has been an influx of very good quality forged notes circulating in the UK at the moment.We have had 2 passed at our workplace this week and they are of a quality I have not seen before.They look and feel 100% authentic.They have the embossed 'Bank Of England' logo on,print quality and colour are perfect and they stay clear when marked with a checker pen (they are not all similar serial number's either).The only way to detect them is to check for the multi coloured crossed £20 marking using a UV light (this is not present),other than that they are spot on.Loads of shops in our area now have signs up warning all bank notes will be thoroughly checked.Speaking to a Policeman dealing with this in our town he said these notes are turning up in numbers all over the UK.He said some have passed through UK banks undetected !.If thats true not sure why its not being reported ?.Anyway,just thought I'd mention it.
Fri 22/08/08 at 22:06
Regular
"I like turtles"
Just to let you guys know you may want to closely check any £20 notes you are given.There has been an influx of very good quality forged notes circulating in the UK at the moment.We have had 2 passed at our workplace this week and they are of a quality I have not seen before.They look and feel 100% authentic.They have the embossed 'Bank Of England' logo on,print quality and colour are perfect and they stay clear when marked with a checker pen (they are not all similar serial number's either).The only way to detect them is to check for the multi coloured crossed £20 marking using a UV light (this is not present),other than that they are spot on.Loads of shops in our area now have signs up warning all bank notes will be thoroughly checked.Speaking to a Policeman dealing with this in our town he said these notes are turning up in numbers all over the UK.He said some have passed through UK banks undetected !.If thats true not sure why its not being reported ?.Anyway,just thought I'd mention it.
Sat 23/08/08 at 01:36
Regular
I knew that UV light I purchased would come in handy! You sure someone just didn't accidentally get suntan lotion on them?
Sat 23/08/08 at 09:07
Regular
"I like turtles"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> I knew that UV light I purchased would come in handy! You sure
> someone just didn't accidentally get suntan lotion on them?

Very funny !.No,the police took them away as evidence (as we know who one of them was passed by).When we rang them they checked the serial no's (both different) and they were known counterfeits.Like I said,I've never seen anything like them,would have got passed me.There are some people in our area who have ended up with hundreds of pounds worth of them as they are been used to buy high value items (cars,eBay items etc.).Thats why I mentioned it.
Wed 27/08/08 at 03:11
Regular
pete_21 wrote:
> There are some people in our area who have
> ended up with hundreds of pounds worth of them as they are been
> used to buy high value items (cars,eBay items etc.).Thats why I
> mentioned it.

How would someone buying a high value eBay item end up with a stack of forged twenties? Surely that's all eMoney, PayPal razzmatazz?
Wed 27/08/08 at 12:43
Regular
"Mooching around"
A couple of years ago, back when I was at school, we had a couple of fake twenties going around the cafeteria. In the end, they had to simply stop accepting them.

Obviously, this is too drastic a measure for the general consumer, but it just got me wondering when the age of material money will finally come to an end. I mean, the electronic market is booming these days! Even most people's pay is paid directly into your account, you never see the actual money exchange, and if you used your card solely online, you'd never actually "see" the money at all.

I like my little thoughts :)
Wed 27/08/08 at 20:13
Regular
"I like turtles"
tnc wrote:
> pete_21 wrote:
> There are some people in our area who have
> ended up with hundreds of pounds worth of them as they are been
> used to buy high value items (cars,eBay items etc.).Thats why I
> mentioned it.
>
> How would someone buying a high value eBay item end up with a
> stack of forged twenties? Surely that's all eMoney, PayPal
> razzmatazz?

No mate.It is not unusual to pick up high value items and pay cash for them.Especially large,high value items (cars etc.).Done it many times myself,both as a buyer and a seller(one purchase was a mountain bike which was worth nearky 2K).I'm in Cyprus at the moment and all shops and bars have note scanners installed and they are checking all bank notes of all currencies (even little back street taverna's).I know everything is fake here anyway,everything from clothes,perfumes,and watches to breasts !.So don't see why their cash should be any different !.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.