GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Has anybody got the gift of foresight???"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 05/12/00 at 19:14
Regular
I can't help but notice the amount of Dreamcast and Nintendo owners who have posted messages here about how "the PS2 is rubbish..." and "PS2 hasn't sold as much as Nintendo/Sega..." and "the PS2 is really rubbish and has rubbish games..."

HELLO!?

Do you remember when the Dreamcast first came out? Did it rocket off the shelves and were it's games the best-you-can-get? What about the N64? The same old story! Even the PlayStation had crap games. The PS2 is all about the future... and I'm sure I could bet a lot of money on most of you out there never having played a PS2.

Did any of you ever stand in the shops a few years ago and say to yourselves: "These Tamagotchi things look rubbish, I don't know how they sell so much!". Did you same people then avoid anyone who had one, not willing to try it out and see what it was like? Fair enough, I had one and got bored of it - but the moral of the story is a very good one, you can never tell what's going to happen in the future can you (no offense to any psychics out there)?

The PlayStation didn't sell it's millions and millions of units in the space of a week, did it? It became the "Best selling games console ever... etc., etc." over a space of FIVE YEARS. It's games got better and better and better; the graphics were smoother and more realistic; the gameplay was better. Sure, there were hundreds of bad games and endless sequels to previously successful games, but the PSone's GOOD games made a much larger impact.

So I ask you people out there, yes, you with the N64 and Dreamcast, there is more to life than supporting a single weight... what I'm trying to say is that it's the games that count, not the machines. Give the PS2 a chance why doncha! I owned a PlayStation and N64 and they both lived in harmony with each other, they both had their flaws, but those flaws were unique, they were there to make the good bits seem better.
Sun 10/12/00 at 16:36
Regular
GT3 will most likely be April next year, or if we`re lucky, maybe March. I`m happy for them to take there time about it and get it right!
Sun 10/12/00 at 15:05
Hi

I must agree with Kieran0601. I pre-ordered my PS2 because I just wanted one!!! Unfortunately I haven`t got mine yet but I hope to get it in January.

Does anyone know when GT3 aka Gt2000 is going to be realesed?
Wed 06/12/00 at 17:10
But what if you want to have the latest, is this a crime? I have bought a PS2 for just one reason, because i wanted to! I know that in time it will give me the games that i want to play, and that is it.
Wed 06/12/00 at 16:50
The New Jimmy has the right idea. There's no need to buy the latest if it's not yet the greatest (notice the use of the word "yet").

Just want to say to Tonee that not everyone can own more than one console in a generation, so while owning several consoles may be fine for him, many people will feel it is necessary to stand by their ONE console. Obviously, everyone wants to feel they have made the right decision in choosing their console, so they put down rival consoles to make them feel better. Can't you just ignore these people rather than getting so worked up?

Personally, I would love to own every console, because there are always plenty of games on consoles I don't have which would love to own.
Wed 06/12/00 at 11:38
Your right people its the games that matter, whether you have a PS2, PS1,N64 or Dreamcast...there are great games for all these systems...so find out what they are buy them and stop arguing. True the PS2 hasnt got as many games as we would have liked to see (i.e. MGS2 and GT2000, spring to mind), but in a few months the games will increase in numbers and no doubt that will make some PS2 owners very happy.
As for me Ill get a Dreamcast for Christmas, and then when The Playstation 2 drops to an affordable price next year Ill get that too (YOU SEE I HAVE FORESIGHT, I KNOW THE PS2 WILL GET MORE GAMES NEXT YEAR, MAYBE SOME WORTH BUYING IT FOR, BUT I ALSO KNOW IT WILL DROP IN PRICE BY APPROXIMATELY £100).
Wed 06/12/00 at 09:04
Regular
"not dead"
>>Has anybody got the gift of foresight???

No. But I think I'm getting it for Xmas.

Either that or socks.
Tue 05/12/00 at 19:56
"High polygon count"
No! Not again! Just leave it - PLEASE!
Tue 05/12/00 at 19:14
I can't help but notice the amount of Dreamcast and Nintendo owners who have posted messages here about how "the PS2 is rubbish..." and "PS2 hasn't sold as much as Nintendo/Sega..." and "the PS2 is really rubbish and has rubbish games..."

HELLO!?

Do you remember when the Dreamcast first came out? Did it rocket off the shelves and were it's games the best-you-can-get? What about the N64? The same old story! Even the PlayStation had crap games. The PS2 is all about the future... and I'm sure I could bet a lot of money on most of you out there never having played a PS2.

Did any of you ever stand in the shops a few years ago and say to yourselves: "These Tamagotchi things look rubbish, I don't know how they sell so much!". Did you same people then avoid anyone who had one, not willing to try it out and see what it was like? Fair enough, I had one and got bored of it - but the moral of the story is a very good one, you can never tell what's going to happen in the future can you (no offense to any psychics out there)?

The PlayStation didn't sell it's millions and millions of units in the space of a week, did it? It became the "Best selling games console ever... etc., etc." over a space of FIVE YEARS. It's games got better and better and better; the graphics were smoother and more realistic; the gameplay was better. Sure, there were hundreds of bad games and endless sequels to previously successful games, but the PSone's GOOD games made a much larger impact.

So I ask you people out there, yes, you with the N64 and Dreamcast, there is more to life than supporting a single weight... what I'm trying to say is that it's the games that count, not the machines. Give the PS2 a chance why doncha! I owned a PlayStation and N64 and they both lived in harmony with each other, they both had their flaws, but those flaws were unique, they were there to make the good bits seem better.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.