GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"5-a-side football rules - Advanced question"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/08/08 at 17:39
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
I play 5-a-side footy every week with a bunch of mates, and great fun though it is, there is something of a dispute between a few of the lads concerning the exact rulings. So my question is thus:

We know players are not allowed within the goalies area, but to what extent?

Some say that a player can swing a boot into the goalie area, so long as the foot that you are standing on does not cross over the line. Others say that nothing at all is allowed to cross the line.

Can any of you guys shed any light on this? And preferably, does anyone know of a link to a ruleset on a site where this issue is addressed? Cheers! :)
Tue 19/08/08 at 20:10
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Little Hobbo wrote:
> I play 5-a-side footy every week with a bunch of mates, and great
> fun though it is, there is something of a dispute between a few
> of the lads concerning the exact rulings. So my question is
> thus:
>
> We know players are not allowed within the goalies area, but to
> what extent?
>
> Some say that a player can swing a boot into the goalie area, so
> long as the foot that you are standing on does not cross over the
> line. Others say that nothing at all is allowed to cross the
> line.
>
> Can any of you guys shed any light on this? And preferably,
> does anyone know of a link to a ruleset on a site where this
> issue is addressed? Cheers! :)

As an 'old five-a-side' referee, any encroachment within the 'D' is disallowed and a penalty awarded, if this happens to be a defender. The same applies to the attacker, but obviously a 'free kick' is awarded. This also includes 'swinging feet'. Any help:)
Tue 19/08/08 at 17:39
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
I play 5-a-side footy every week with a bunch of mates, and great fun though it is, there is something of a dispute between a few of the lads concerning the exact rulings. So my question is thus:

We know players are not allowed within the goalies area, but to what extent?

Some say that a player can swing a boot into the goalie area, so long as the foot that you are standing on does not cross over the line. Others say that nothing at all is allowed to cross the line.

Can any of you guys shed any light on this? And preferably, does anyone know of a link to a ruleset on a site where this issue is addressed? Cheers! :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.