GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 Crashes"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/12/00 at 21:45
Regular
4-5 times now its happened im reffering of course when playing a game on the ps2 the thing just decides to stop working, well thanks a f****** lot you b******, so anoying 1 more shot to go before completing the challenge mode (behind the dead timesplitters) nice aim press the trigger the gun recoils and...........NOTHING just a f****** still screen much screeming and shouting but nothing else.

now im going to put that down to the games being the first generation but unless things start to change...

(ps this also happens on fantavision)
Fri 08/12/00 at 19:20
hey im getting a new tv tommorow WOOOOOHOOOO yup a sony Wega
Fri 08/12/00 at 11:07
Regular
Hope it doesnt freeze again. I think the PS games are good value 34.99 for some and 36.99 for others. Dreamcast games are around 33.99 so a couple of pounds more isnt very much. PSX games were 44.99 when the PSX was first out so games are generally getting cheaper.
Thu 07/12/00 at 20:55
I have but I solved by the digital out put or some S*** like that so try that but save the settings on a diffrent mem card JUST incase
Thu 07/12/00 at 18:50
hey mossman exellent advice no more problems (i hope)
Thu 07/12/00 at 14:30
"High polygon count"
> Has anyone experienced further problems with Psx/ps2 games on
> their PS2?

Nope. Driver 2 crashed once on my PS1, but has been fine on my PS2. I played Dino Crisis 2 for an hour or so last night, and that was fine.

And (touch wood) I've had no problems at all with Tekken Tag, TimeSplitters, Ridge V, NHL2001 or SSX. And believe me when I tell you that it's had an extensive workout!
Thu 07/12/00 at 14:02
Oops! I forgot the comma!
Thu 07/12/00 at 14:02
sorry chaps maybe I should learn some manners.

I remember some N64 games being sold for 60-70 quid when I first bought my PSX.

Anyway, the subject of this thread was crashes,
n'est ce pas?

Has anyone experienced further problems with Psx/ps2 games on their PS2?
Thu 07/12/00 at 13:31
Regular
"not dead"
dave wrote:

> If you're going to call other people stupid, please could you
> check your grammar first?

People will not like this if you do it to them. But I think some people just need to be told. How can you expect to be taken seriously if we have to translate your post into something understandable first?

> The games that I've seen for PS2 have been cheaper than some PSX
> games and games for other formats.

Yes most Nintendo games are released at £50, or £45. At least we have Special Reserve to help use save a few pounds here and there.
Thu 07/12/00 at 13:27
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
go dave go dave go dave
Thu 07/12/00 at 13:24
gold wing wrote:
> PS2 have messed up again.

Correction "Sony have messed up again"

> People who brought it wasted thier money as the games cost a lot.

Correction "People who BOUGHT it wasted their money as the games cost a lot"

> Sony should of waited, because now there are problems.

Correction "Sony should HAVE waited, because now there are problems"

If you're going to call other people stupid, please could you check your grammar first?

The games that I've seen for PS2 have been cheaper than some PSX games and games for other formats.

However, I take part of your point, Mr Gold Wing, and would suggest that ALL games should be cheaper, regardless of their format.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.