GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Audiosurf"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/08/08 at 19:38
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Downloaded and installed through Steam. The game plays brilliantly - Dire Straits, Sultans of Swing - great 'track'.
However the interface is virtually unreadable - text looks as if its been wiped with a wet cloth.
Changing the screen resolution seems to be the only readable option but this has no effect on the interface.
Anyone else have this problem? Is there a solution to produce 'readable text':)
Mon 18/08/08 at 19:38
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Downloaded and installed through Steam. The game plays brilliantly - Dire Straits, Sultans of Swing - great 'track'.
However the interface is virtually unreadable - text looks as if its been wiped with a wet cloth.
Changing the screen resolution seems to be the only readable option but this has no effect on the interface.
Anyone else have this problem? Is there a solution to produce 'readable text':)
Mon 18/08/08 at 20:39
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I dont remember having that problem when I tried it. Is it anti-aliasing maybe?
Mon 18/08/08 at 22:30
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Garin wrote:
> I dont remember having that problem when I tried it. Is it
> anti-aliasing maybe?

Thanks Garin, I don't know yet, but will give it a go:)
Tue 19/08/08 at 16:53
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Dragonlance wrote:
> Garin wrote:
> I dont remember having that problem when I tried it. Is it
> anti-aliasing maybe?
>
> Thanks Garin, I don't know yet, but will give it a go:)

Ran again today. Altered 'graphic settings' through 'options'. Tried all combinations of screen resolutions, refresh rate, can't read options for anti-aliasing - just guessing etc but no joy. Can read tutorial now and parts of 'craft' selection - the 'fly out bits', but everything else a blur!! Just like life I suppose :-D Track itself runs fine, so I suppose no problem...but seeeing as game tells me I've achieved 'high' scores and to post them online, I can't read the login request!
Tue 19/08/08 at 17:55
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
What about at driver level? Maybe drivers are forcing anti-aliasing?

Just had a look around (as I'm sure you've done) and couldnt find anything helpful, a post on a forum mentioning something similar but thats about it. Are you using a windows theme that has a different default font to windows or do you have the font size larger than standard? Although I saw something saying it didnt rely on system fonts for text. I'm out of ideas anyway. :)
Wed 20/08/08 at 19:23
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Garin wrote:
> What about at driver level? Maybe drivers are forcing
> anti-aliasing?
>
> Just had a look around (as I'm sure you've done) and couldnt
> find anything helpful, a post on a forum mentioning something
> similar but thats about it. Are you using a windows theme that
> has a different default font to windows or do you have the font
> size larger than standard? Although I saw something saying it
> didnt rely on system fonts for text. I'm out of ideas anyway. :)

Thanks again Garin, but I've looked as you have and really drawn a blank. Windows theme, font etc is as normal - nothing weird or unusual. Screen resolution at 1440 x 900 (wide screen) - this isn't a problem, running Audiosurf windowed or full screen the 'blurring' still occurs. No problems - the game's good, so thanks again:-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.