GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Another Playstation 2 Topic"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/12/00 at 20:37
Regular
It is becoming a regular thing for the people at Special Reserve to read endless messages about the Playstation 2. Well all I can say is that I am sick of the word Playstation and find it a waste of breath. To be honest, all it is, is something to take away the time of a long evening or an excuse not to do your coursework. I know some people who are taking the Sonys failurse to heart.
Sony made a great success with the original Playstation through an endless supply of games and some quite superb advertising.
So it is understandable that so much hype has been created for the successor. Now no one can believe what a failure the console is. First Sony sends so few supply that there is more chance of winning the National Lottery then getting one, then they send out quite a disappointing amount of games for launch day. None of the games so far have impressed as much as expected and surely the games can only get better.
And the DVD feature. The much acclaimed feature of the console has been found to be faulty and totally disappointing. Some DVDs seem to not want to work while others have poor picture quality.
What a shame Sony have messed up from the start. My advice get a Dreamcast as it has a great range of titles including the amazing Half-Life, and is much cheaper with a modem included, not like PS2 where more money on top of the expensive £299 just to get internet access. Also the Dreamcast is four player, the PS2 is two player in case you are prepared to spend even more money.
The facts speak for themselves, the PS2 is no Playstation, more of a Saturn.
Tue 05/12/00 at 23:16
"High polygon count"
Yes, I do frequently walk around with Dreamcast and/or SEGA plastered across my chest.
Tue 05/12/00 at 23:13
"High polygon count"
I know who he is, Ant - it's obvious from the name.

I'd just like to point out:

1. I don't have a 'gang' - I didn't ask anyone to post anything insulting.

2. I didn't actually insult anyone. In fact, I was the original target of an insult, not matter how mild it may have been. However, one of my posts did imply an insult, for which I hereby apologise.

3. If sharpshooter really does have such a problem with Sony owners, he should seek psychiatric help; it's a console for crying out loud.

4. sharpy appears to be a Gooner, so he obviously isn't a bad bloke.

5. I am quite happy to forgive and forget the whole sorry episode. How about it?

I'm sure we are both big enough to handle a difference of opinion on our favourite games machine. There are far more important things going on in the world for us to worry about.

Like the bloody Arsenal giving up a 2-0 lead. :-(
Tue 05/12/00 at 22:40
Regular
"I like cheese"
Calm down people. I agree that the topic was pretty much a load of rubbish (especially me being a PS2 fan, getting one in January!!). BUT, sharpshooter is elitesniper, and wookie guy is Babylonian-I know you guys know eachother. You're both great guys with different opinions. So lets just leave all this out and live in a world of peace and harmony.

PS- THE PS2 RULES!!!! SEGA AND NINTENO SUCK!!! {:)
Tue 05/12/00 at 21:47
Regular
Wookie and his gang are stupid tjssers.

> And SharpShooter thinks *I'm* clueless!
Tue 05/12/00 at 21:16
Regular
So the Sony prats are name calling!
Tue 05/12/00 at 20:41
Regular
"Whatever!"
Here we go again!!!
Why do people come here just to annoy?

How can anyone make judgements of a machine that has been out for just over a week? After a year is understandable but a week!! Come on!!

Get a Dreamcast!!
I have a Dreamcast sure its a great console, sure it has some brilliant games, its been out for over a year now you know!! yeah its getting Half Life - HALF LIFE HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED FOR PS2 BY THE WAY!! - But I spend more time playing PSOne games on my PS2 than I spend on DC (and I have Shenmue!!)

And the DVD player works fine, anyhow all I want to do is play games the DVD is just an extra bonus.

Fact: Sega made the Saturn - Sony destroyed it!!!
Tue 05/12/00 at 12:12
"High polygon count"
So they say; though I have no idea how many games were available at the launch of the other machines.
Tue 05/12/00 at 11:58
Regular
"not dead"
Sim1704 wrote:
>then they send out quite a disappointing amount of games for launch day

Wasn't it the largest selection of titles available ever for a UK launch?
Tue 05/12/00 at 11:48
"High polygon count"
Indeed you should!

This is about as pointless as Sim1704 coming on to a PS2 forum to talk about how much he hates talking about PS2.

And SharpShooter thinks *I'm* clueless!

:-)
Tue 05/12/00 at 11:37
Regular
"not dead"
Here are some that it won't be.

And they don't make much sense!

Her Posh Roast

Host rope rash

Star Shop Hero

I really should find something to do...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.