GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Very Very Far Away Future Of Gaming"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/12/00 at 18:57
Regular
Imagine it's about...200 years from now. What will we have then?????
We'll obviously have the wireless controllers, but will we have advanced even further than that?? Perhaps we will have VR Headsets, or perhaps we are so advanced, that the game responds to our ACTUAL THOUGHTS!!
The games. Perhaps the games will be tiny little disks, or small CDs, or that we are so technologically advanced, that we have a little probe placed into our minds, and when we ask to play that game, it comes up on the screen in front of you!!
The consoles could be anything. A lot smaller, a lot bigger, tiny, anything!! You may not even be able to see them at all, but maybe that is beyond our thinking. The graphics will be very realistic, but I wouldn't like it to look completely real (play X-Files: The game), as I think it just ruins the look of the game, but we will be very close to looking almost real!!
As I've said above, the controls could be anything, and gameplay could be so brilliant and so realistic, that we might feel as though we are actually in the game!! Playing tennis at Wimbledon, destroying a Nuclear threat in...Russia {:)!! Playing in the FA Cup Final in Wembley!!!
Just imagine what gaming will be like for your children, grand children and great grand children, and smile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for reading, Ant.
Tue 02/09/08 at 14:17
Regular
we have an imco mast foot (with extension) if you want one. free to good home. were at all the swwa events ask around for Fynn or Zak :-)
Sun 17/08/08 at 22:23
Regular
Hey. Does anyone have a mast for a 6.8 and a imco mast foot that they don't need? Tamsyn
Tue 05/12/00 at 23:36
"High polygon count"
I want something where you can have an implant, and plug yourself into a kind of game chair and play "for real" in your head. You'd feel pain etc., but only in your mind, like in a dream.

Okay, maybe I'm a bit sick, but I know of at least one other person who feels the same...

Or a real holodeck type thing... that'd be cool.

Sadly, neither are likely to happen in my lifetime - or at least, not while I'm young enough to experience them!
Tue 05/12/00 at 23:26
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
200 year from now I'll have SERIOUS tooth decay and not be too fussed about the future of gaming.

For my littluns littluns littluns, by then something may have replaced gaming altogether. Can't think what it could be though...
Mon 04/12/00 at 21:05
Regular
I think about it and I suddenly realise how grandparents feel when we try to get them to play on our consoles.

Our generation just wasn't brought up to play games through the mind!
Mon 04/12/00 at 20:58
Regular
"I like cheese"
Any replies??
Mon 04/12/00 at 18:57
Regular
"I like cheese"
Imagine it's about...200 years from now. What will we have then?????
We'll obviously have the wireless controllers, but will we have advanced even further than that?? Perhaps we will have VR Headsets, or perhaps we are so advanced, that the game responds to our ACTUAL THOUGHTS!!
The games. Perhaps the games will be tiny little disks, or small CDs, or that we are so technologically advanced, that we have a little probe placed into our minds, and when we ask to play that game, it comes up on the screen in front of you!!
The consoles could be anything. A lot smaller, a lot bigger, tiny, anything!! You may not even be able to see them at all, but maybe that is beyond our thinking. The graphics will be very realistic, but I wouldn't like it to look completely real (play X-Files: The game), as I think it just ruins the look of the game, but we will be very close to looking almost real!!
As I've said above, the controls could be anything, and gameplay could be so brilliant and so realistic, that we might feel as though we are actually in the game!! Playing tennis at Wimbledon, destroying a Nuclear threat in...Russia {:)!! Playing in the FA Cup Final in Wembley!!!
Just imagine what gaming will be like for your children, grand children and great grand children, and smile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for reading, Ant.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.