GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What is the best computer console ever?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/12/00 at 17:21
Regular
What is the best computer console ever?
My best consoles are:-
Dreamcast, PS2, N64, Playstation, Mega Drive.
The console I am looking foward for the most is X-Box.
Wed 06/12/00 at 10:01
fantasymeiste® wrote:
> Amiga CD-32. No contest. Best game (Diggers) ever made.
> Nuff said I think.

Well I think the Amiga CD-32 is good but diggers is crap!
I think Oscar is the best game on the Amiga CD-32!
Tue 05/12/00 at 12:05
Why ask our favourite console and then name about 5? Seeing as you asked so nicely though, I would have to say Gameboy, because the games were fantastic. The thing obviously didn't have the graphics capabilities of other consoles but it made up for it with sheer gameplay (try Zelda: Link's Awakening), portability and style. I've had loads of consoles but the Gameboy has always been my favourite.
Tue 05/12/00 at 10:56
"High polygon count"
> NO that is NOT the reason. It's obviously because you are a crazed
> Sony zealot, that has been brainwashed by Sony's marketing men. ;^)

How right you are!

Die, Scumcast owner!

[Disclaimer: This post is what's commonly known as HUMOUR, and is in no way intended to be taken seriously. The author of this post recognises that owners of non-Sony consoles are not, in fact, lower lifeforms - even if, on occasion, some of them act as such. Additionally, the author recognises that a number of Sony console owners are equally pedantic, and equally deserving of a hollow-tipped bullet in the head. In conclusion, this post should be ignored completely, and will soon disapear up its own jacksy. Consequently, you are advised not to read any of the above, or, if you already have, un-read it immediately as it could be hazardous to your health.]
Tue 05/12/00 at 08:29
Regular
"not dead"
wookiee_monster wrote:
>
> I never owned a console before PS1, so that's the only reason
> there are no Sega or Nintendo machines in the list.

NO that is NOT the reason. It's obviously because you are a crazed Sony zealot, that has been brainwashed by Sony's marketing men. ;^)
Mon 04/12/00 at 23:34
"High polygon count"
> if you by the right games (and all these machines have great
> games) then any machine can be the victor!

Hallelujah!

Though I love the PS2, it's too new for me to call my favourite. Would have to be PS1, closely followed by the Amiga, then C64.

I never owned a console before PS1, so that's the only reason there are no Sega or Nintendo machines in the list.
Mon 04/12/00 at 23:15
Amiga, Megadrive, Snes, Playstation, N64.......oh who am I kidding I love them all, a games console/computer is what you make it... if you by the right games (and all these machines have great games) then any machine can be the victor!
Mon 04/12/00 at 18:48
Regular
"Whatever!"
PS2
Dreamcast
Playstation
SNES
N64
Mega Drive
Master System
Mon 04/12/00 at 18:30
Regular
"I like cheese"
No idea, considering my first console was a Mega Drive, and then a PSX, and soon a PS2. Out of my experiences, it would have to be the PSX.
Mon 04/12/00 at 17:49
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Amiga CD-32. No contest. Best game (Diggers) ever made.
Nuff said I think.
Mon 04/12/00 at 17:21
What is the best computer console ever?
My best consoles are:-
Dreamcast, PS2, N64, Playstation, Mega Drive.
The console I am looking foward for the most is X-Box.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.