GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Leicester City- Will they be saved?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 25/10/02 at 14:16
Regular
At the start of their campaign they needed 4 million to save themselves from the administrators. With Gary Leiniker's help, they look like they're getting there. Plus just today, Emile Heskey pledged £100,000 towards the cause. Now they only need 2 million so any football fans, Especially leicester city fans, want to give their views?
Tue 29/10/02 at 19:56
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
That's great, we save Leicester City but all the smaller clubs who don't have any former players or staff that have gone on to achieve great amounts of money will be stuck. They got themselves stuck by building a costly new stadium and having a high wage bill but have Gary Lineker and the crew come bounding to the rescue. Meanwhile, teams like my local club Brentford whose cash problem is not because of a wage bill or even the ITV digital crisis but because their chairman does not care for them, is trying to run them into the ground and is selling Griffin Park for it to be demolished, are completely stuck as being in a lower division they don't have many big stars seeing as they have to compete with most of London for talent.

And as for Heskey, £100,000 is not something to smirk at even when compared to what he may earn. It's 3 weeks of wages which means 3 weeks without pay, he genuinely cares for the club and has shown his gratitude for what he achieved there.
Mon 28/10/02 at 15:27
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I don't think other big clubs should donate money to them because of what you've said, but I certainly think all formerly players and staff who loved the club like the club loved them should be getting out their cheque books!
Fri 25/10/02 at 17:32
"High polygon count"
I don't see any reason why all of the big Prem clubs couldn't donate a few hundred thousand each.

But then it would set a precedent, and be expected the next time a club runs into trouble.
Fri 25/10/02 at 16:11
Regular
"Long time no see!"
P@st@ wrote:
"Don't knock it,, £100,000 is a great donation, and far more than most footballers could afford."

Most former-Leicester players, yes.
Most Footballers, no.

"Heskey is right to help save the club, and thats the point, hes donated. Have robbie savage or muzzy izzet etc donated anything??"

Well, Savage is playing for Birmingham, not exactly a cash-filled glamour-club there. While Izzet is still at Leicester I believe, and they've already had problems with player Wages this season anyway.

But as-for Lennon and O'Neil, they're at a bigger-club with more-money.
You'd expect them to deliver a good amount soon.
Heskey at Liverpool, and they are huge. He really could've given-up a lot more.
Fri 25/10/02 at 16:02
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
Another city fan here. :)

I’m glad that we are starting to get out of this mess.

Its good to see Heskey donating money and Lineker it is only a matter of time before Martin O Neil and other Leicester greats start donating some more.
Fri 25/10/02 at 15:47
Regular
"Bobba you"
City fan here :-)

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if O'Neil donated some.

And as for Heskey, I'm glad he donated some he gets to much stick as it is, this might put a stop to it. This could well save us. But it's too early to say yet, so I'm not going to get my hopes up like I normally do.
Fri 25/10/02 at 15:07
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I reckon Heskey's only doing this to try and clear-up some of the bad publicity he's been getting for his performances recently.
If he really loved Leicester City, he'd donate a lot more.

I read about this on Ceefax too. And I reckon it'll only be a matter of time before O'Neill and others (maybe even Lennon) come-forward with their donations. And i'm sure they'll be bigger than Heskey's too!
Fri 25/10/02 at 15:05
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
Don't knock it,, £100,000 is a great donation, and far more than most footballers could afford.

Heskey is right to help save the club, and thats the point, hes donated. Have robbie savage or muzzy izzet etc donated anything??
Fri 25/10/02 at 15:01
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
I heard this from my mother and teletext backed me up. She told me someone payed some money towards the club and the first name i said was Martin O Neill. £100,000 is a joke for Heskey especially since Gary Lineker gave about £650,000 and he's retired.
Fri 25/10/02 at 14:54
Regular
"Long time no see!"
They'll get the money the need from somewhere, I just know it.

Maybe Tony Cottee and Martin O'Neill will feel they owe the club that adores them something in return after Heskey's actions?

But Heskey's contribution is a joke really!
£100k?? He makes that in about 3 weeks - even when he's injured or not playing! Surely he should be donating a LOT more to the club that adored him, or at least £500,000 anyway...!
Disgracefull!

Maybe we'll even see a contribution from Dennis Wise??

But yes, i'm sure they'll be saved in-time. :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.